Loading Data... This request can not be aborted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading Data... This request can not be aborted

I would like to request that in future releases NT allows people to EXIT this screen that says: "Loading Data.... this request can not be aborted"

It would be very nice to be able to exit and not have to close the program every time it hangs up

Thanks

PEDRO

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I would like to request that in future releases NT allows people to EXIT this screen that says: "Loading Data.... this request can not be aborted"

It would be very nice to be able to exit and not have to close the program every time it hangs up

Thanks

PEDRO
    I agree! And while we are on this topic, I am having this problem repeatedly when I try to load up certain symbols. I have a list of symbols in my market analyzer linked to a set of charts, and when I select certain symbols (like NQ for example), some charts load right away, but a number of them just "hang" in some kind of blank mode, with this popup appearing that says "Loading data... this request cannot be aborted". Closing the program and re-opening does not seem to solve the problem, and neither does rebooting. Sometimes it seems to work, and sometimes not.

This basically means that trying to load charts for a given symbol has turned into a crapshoot, because I can't guarantee that I will ever get see the chart at all. This is making it very difficult to trade, to say the least.

I have a core i7920 with 12 Gigs of RAM, so I don't think that my PC is underpowered. Does anyone have suggestions for how to fix this problem?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Pedro.

JS999, which broker / connection are you using? Have you tried loading a smaller amount of days back already and see if that solves the issue?
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 04-21-2009, 04:40 AM.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
        Thanks for the suggestion Pedro.

JS999, which broker / connection are you using? Have you tried loading a amount of days back already and see if that solves the issue?
        I am using the Mirus Zen-Fire datafeed... the feed itself is coming in great, because I can see the time & sales instantly as well as the SuperDOM prices being quoted - the problem is just with the charts. I called Mirus and they claim that they can't tell that there's anything wrong with the feed.

What exactly do you mean when you say "loading an amount of days back"?

Just for reference, some charts are set to load up the maximum amount of back data available, usually that's around 60 days or so...

Comment

Sorry, I meant loading a shorter 'days back' period, as it should improve the performance of the loading process.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
            Sorry, I meant loading a shorter 'days back' period, as it should improve the performance of the loading process.
            It appears as though this was the problem. My settings were loading up a lot of days of data into some of the lower time frame charts, whichis probably what was taking so long. I drastically reduced how much data is loaded and it seems to work OK now....

Comment

I have a similar problem

I use the ameritrade connection to load data. I mostly load 15-minutes charts, generally 300-500 bars. I would say that at least in 20% of the cases, even though the data loads correctly on the chart and all my indicators are properly updated, the window with the message "saving .... this request can not be aborted" doesn't go away. I either have to move it to a corner of the screen so that it doesn't clutter my view or I need to load another symbol. The latter usually results in the window disappearing unless the new symbol gives me the same problem.

Also, this problem is not symbol related, loading a same symbol may or may not cause the saving window to freeze depending on how lucky I am.

Can I prevent NT from saving? I usually don't want to save historical data.

Comment

clksoft, welcome to our support forums at NinjaTrader. You can uncheck the storing of real time bar data under Tools > Options > Data > General. Unfortunately downloaded historical data, will always be stored in the local database.

Which NinjaTrader version do you use? You can check this under Help > About.

Comment

Actually, I notice all the check boxes under data/miscellaneous are already unchecked. The only check box I have checked is to enable the real time tick filtering.

I am using NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.7. I remember upgrading to the latest version a couple of months ago but reverting the update after finding out the incidence of the problem I am reporting was even higher with the latest version.

Comment

Please use the Help > Download Site link in NinjaTrader to upgrade to 6.5.1000.11, it includes a fix for downloading data issues on the TDA connection.

Comment

Good morning,

Is it possible to see a list of the bug-fixes / enhancements of each of the minor release updates so thats its possible to make an informed decision about the value of installing an update?

Comment

You can check the release notes for each production release for this info - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...easeNotes.html

Comment

When this happens as it does to me from time to time, I click on the chart that is stuck and just type in another symbol. This usually gets it unstuck. (In other words, it can be aborted by fetching data for another stock.)

Comment

Yes, that's what I do to. It's still annoying though. Sometimes I have to try 3-4 symbols before I am finally able to get rid of the "saving" window. I hope this won't happen anymore with NT 7.0.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
                            Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH