Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imported post

ninjatrader wrote:
    I can see how each approach would really draw different looking charts. You could get a lot more bars with the QT approach. Our approach has been the Danton approach. This is what I guessI have seen as a more frequently used approach.

Ray
    Ray, is there an approximate ETA for Range Bars?

I want to re-organize data feeds and charting and the sooner I can subscribe to NT, the better.

Are we talking days? weeks? months?

Many thanks

Comment

imported post

No ETA yet. We are talking months.

Comment

imported post

Dear traders,

Concerning the "Range bar" option, no matter using Danton or Nicolellis approach becoz bothworkWELL. In fact, it's just a matter of choice, like in life.

Please, John, Daniel and Raymond :

1) Add this "Range bar" feature the quickly as possible becoz many traders all over the world have been waiting that for a while.....

2) Add more Forex well known brokers supported by NT like FXCM, Oanda.....etc.......

Thanks for your attention

Have a good trading day all

Angel

Comment

imported post

Here is another vote for Range Bars indictor in NinjaTrader.

Thanks

Comment

I would like to put in my vote for both types of Range Bars.

While it may seem that both types of Range Bars are basically the same, they are actually quite different with very different signals. I have a system that works extremely well with the Nicollelis Range Bars, but does not work well with the Danton Long type bars. From what I have read here and on some other forums, there is a definite split between individual traders in their preference for either one or the other. Obviously there is a distinct value for each type of Range Bar depending on the style/belief system of the individual trader.

Range Bars are becoming ever more popular, and with good reason in my opinion. I think it would be great if NinjaTrader offered both, since each has distinct value. I use the Nicollelis Range Bars now almost exclusively (with another vendor obviously), but I would love to be able to use NinjaTrader instead.

Thanks for letting me voice my opinion,

JT

Comment

I am wondering if there are any news of when range bars will be implemented. It has been 3 months since the last update on this thread.

I also want to cast my vote for this feature.

Comment

Will be available by fall time frame.

Comment

Great. Thank you.

Comment

range bar settings in NT*

are the numerical range bar settings in NT 8 the quarter point settings as in nt 7,or are they a full point per number?

Comment

Hello Laredo, and thank you for your question.

I am including Help Guide quotes from both NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8's BarTypes documentation.

NT7

Originally posted by http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/bar_types.htm
                      Range Bars
                      A Range bar is based on a specified tick* price range. The bar will plot until the price range is broken. A new bar will then start plotting. For example, each historical bar in the 4 Range ES 09-10 chart shown below is exactly 4 ticks (1 point) as measured from hight to low as displayed by the vertical line of the Ruler drawing tool. (The "Y value" of 1.00 shown in the Ruler's display box is equivalent to 4 ticks.)

*A tick in this instance is different from a tick in a Tick bar described in the sub-section above. A tick in a Tick bar represents when an actual trade occurred, whereas a tick in a Range bar is a price increment. This increment is the smallest price movement the instrument can make and may differ by instrument. For example, a tick on the e-mini S&P 500 (ES) is 0.25, while a tick on AAPL stock is 0.01. More information on setting the instruments Tick size can be found in the Editing Instruments section of the Help Guide.

NT8

Originally posted by http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/?strategies_tab2.htm
                      A Range bar is based on a specified tick price range. The bar will continue to develop until the price range is broken, at which point a new bar will be created.

1. Each historical bar in the 4 Range chart shown below represents exactly 4 ticks of price movement.
                      2. The Ruler Drawing Tool verifies that each bar consists of 4 ticks. (The "Y value" of 1.00 shown in the Ruler's display flag is equivalent to 4 ticks for the e-mini S&P 500 continuous contract instrument on the chart.)

Note: A tick in this instance is different from a tick in a Tick bar described in the sub-section above. A tick in a Tick bar represents the point at which an actual trade occurred, whereas a tick in a Range bar represents a price increment, or a movement on the price axis of the chart. This increment is the smallest price movement the instrument can make, and may differ by instrument. For example, a tick on the e-mini S&P 500 (ES) equates to a movement of 0.25, while a tick on AAPL stock equates to a movement of 0.01. More information on setting an instrument's Tick Size can be found on the Editing Instruments page.

As we can see from both these descriptions, in both cases the Range Bars are built from Tick data. Since the Tick Size of the E-Mini S&P is 0.25, this is probably why you were seeing 4 ticks per point.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
                      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post AveryFlynn  
                      Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes