Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Performance

Hi

I'm using the SIM account at the moment and am having a problem with the account performance tab if viewed in points, (using forex), it seems to be displaying the pips in decimals which is a problem if I want to view my daily performance across currencies, because the decimal spacing is different it actually adds them together and you end up with a figure that's no where near your daily pip count.

For example 164 pips on EURJPY and 115 pips on GBPUSD added together ends up as 1.6515 instead of 279.

Is my config incorrect somewhere or is this a limitation?

Regards
    Ross

Hi Ross, which connection are you using? Can you please post a screenshot of what you feel is incorrectly displayled? Thanks!
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using the Gain Capital account demo feed with the simulation account.

If you look at the images of the two individual currencies in terms of pips and then the two added together if I wanted to look at daily performance you'll see what i mean.

Ross
      Attached Files
      Last edited by DangerBoy; 04-23-2009, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Hi, please see the used formula on this link when you select 'Points' - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tedProfit.html

Checked this briefly with my test executions here and they were correctly calculated.

Comment

Hi

I don't have a problem with the way the points are calculated based on the trades themselves, the totting up of the pips is not the issue, the point totals are correct for each individual currency that I have put trades on for as you'll see in the attachments but because you are expressing the points as a decimal as in .01 or .0001, if you attempt to report across multiple cross rates that pip count is totally incorrect. Do you understand my question?

Regards
          Ross

Comment

Ok, thanks for clarifying Ross, I will test this and get back to you.

Comment

Account Performance in Euro?

Hi,
              I trade FESX in Euro, but Account Performance shows only $. Is it possible to change? I have Sim version.
              Also my Limit orders sometimes don't get filled even if market touches the limit. Why?
              Thanks for answer

Comment

Hello vero-chan,

Thank you for your post.

1.) You can change your account performance summary to display in ticks or percentage by toggling the Mode drop down box. If you are asking about displaying in a different currency, this is not supported.

2.) It is likely that the orders place in line at the simulated exchange was not reached before the market moved away from this price. To avoid this in the future, you can force immediate fills by taking the following steps:
                From the Control Center click Tools > Options > Simulator Tab and check the box next to Enforce Immediate Fills.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes