2. Take shapshot #1.
    3. Open the any Chart with 1 bar only.
    4. Close the chart.
    5. Waite ~ 15 minutes.
    6. Force Garbage Collection.
    7. Take snapshot #2
    8. Look at "new" created objects.

The opinion of your techical support is wrong:

>Also: .NET 2.0 is a garbage collection system, meaning although NT properly release >memory, you will not see an immediate decrease of memory footprint on task manager, >since the .NET runtime could decide to keep this freed memory under its management. >There is no way an application could control that.

Application CAN control that!
    IF your developers can't do it TNEN hire me (I will do it at least for chart objects).

Statement below stands:
    >> .NET 2.0 is a garbage collection system, meaning although NT properly release memory, you will not see an immediate decrease of memory footprint on task manager, since the .NET runtime could decide to keep this freed memory under its management

That's how garbage collection system works. Please consult MS docs for details.

However, we isolated a couple of resource leaks in NT6.5 which will fixed with NT7.

Comment

If I run a strategy overnight, my computer runs very slow the next morning until NT is restarted.

Is anyone using a memory manager like RAM Boost it keep NT from slowing down?

RJay
      RJay
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Garbage collection does *not* imply no memory leaks. It is still possible, particularly with event based programming, to create an application that will leak memory even when it is managed (i.e., garbage is collected periodically).

Is it ever possible in a managed system to leak memory when you make sure that all handles, things that implement IDispose are disposed? Would there be cases where some variables are left out?

Comment

[That's how garbage collection system works. Please consult MS docs for details.]

I can see in profiler how garbage collection system works and it works fine.
          But also I can see that the program has something that isn't being disposed of properly and something is blocking the GC from disposing of it.

[However, we isolated a couple of resource leaks in NT6.5 which will fixed with NT7.]

Finally you are implicitly agreed that it is the defect. And what is the priority of this defect?
          Do you know that just one not disposed reference can keep all ChartConrol’s data from disposing it by GC.
          That’s what we have in NinjaTrader now. And the Profiler proves that.
          Do you mean that you aren’t going to fix this problem in v.6.5?

Comment

Will addressed the memory leaks we isolated for NT7.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
            9 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post mmckinnm