Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay

Hi Guys

Wasn't sure where to post this so thought I'd stick it here, I have a couple of questions, having managed to record a good few weeks of Forex market data now I've been using the Market Replay functionality both for manual backtesting as well as debugging my automated scripts. All is working well apart from one gripe which I have, perhaps it's the way I'm using it and so you could point me in the right direction. The replay control bar does not allow for a one bar step forward at a time from bar close to bar close which means in manual backtesting I have to set it to fast forward at a speed that I'm unsure how fast the bars are going to open and close based on the timeframe, sometimes missing the particular area that I wished to test through and then having to try and rewind back there is no way to easily move back to a point other than scrolling the scroll bar back which more often than not rewinds me way passed the event I'm interested in. Again I'm back to the fast forward button trying to pin point the area and so on and so on.

I'm having the same issue with running an automated script in debug mode, where I am trying to test my code on a particular bar close but in trying to get to that bar close I have to keep fiddling with the fast forward, then pause then speed up the fast forward, sometimes running passed the event, the obvious solution is to keep the break point on in the bar close but then it breaks on every bar close leading up to the bar close I'm interested in, furthermore, if I would like to then make a quick change, compile and retest I have to go through this cumbersome task again to get to the area I'm trying to test. Is there no way to simply have a step forward and step back button on the recorder replay bar that will simply skip forward one bar close at a time or backwards 1 bar close at a time in the time frame I'm currently working on, this would speed up the whole development and testing process 10 fold.

As far as the simulation feed goes I'm finding this one totally unusable at the early stages of script development because there is no option at all to speed up the run time or step forward/backwards the bar close. Sure it is ok if my script is 95% ready for testing and I'd like to switch it on and leave it running for a couple of days (using half hour bars) but in the early stages of developing it's not feasible to run the script on the simulation feed on half hour bars obviously. Please let me know your thoughts on this. Perhaps I've overlooked something in the way this is meant to be used?

Best Regards
    Ross Highet

Hello,

I will give your suggestions to our development team for consideration.

Thank you!
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post bmartz
    by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM