unable to set up any currency pairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a live connection to Gain. I've tried setting up new charts with GBPUSD and subsequently many of the other currency pairs.

This is the error message I got when I tried to set up GBPUSD:-

Error on loading chart data for '$GBPUSD Default': !ERROR! Unknown Error.

and I get the same message with every other currency pair whether I try to open with minutes or ticks.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Ninja Trader. I've uninstalled and reset the connection with Gain.

I've got good charts through IQFeed which are working fine so I can't work out what the problem is. Please can somebody help me cos I'm stuck

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
    I've got a live connection to Gain. I've tried setting up new charts with GBPUSD and subsequently many of the other currency pairs.

This is the error message I got when I tried to set up GBPUSD:-

Error on loading chart data for '$GBPUSD Default': !ERROR! Unknown Error.

and I get the same message with every other currency pair whether I try to open with minutes or ticks.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Ninja Trader. I've uninstalled and reset the connection with Gain.

I've got good charts through IQFeed which are working fine so I can't work out what the problem is. Please can somebody help me cos I'm stuck
    Hello Penelope,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please follow the steps below to reset your instruments.
    Go to Control Panel->Options->Misc tab click on Reset Instruments->Ok

Now can you please remove the GBPUSD instrument and re-add it back into your default list with the steps I have provided below.
    • Control Panel->Tools->Instrument Manager
    • Select your GBPUSD contract within your Default list
    • Click the > arrow to remove
    • Search for the GBPUSD instrument in the Available Master Instruments panel
    • Select the GBPUSD instrument->set Exchange to Default
    • Click the < arrow to add back into your default list and then click OK
    • Open a new chart and choose GBPUSD for the instrument

Please let me know if your chart opens correctly after this procedure
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Christopher - a million thanks ..... it worked like a dream - what would we do without this fantastic support at Ninja Trader. I never expected a reply to my plea for help until tomorrow so I'm a very happy bunny. Again - thank you very much Penelope

Comment

Charting Problem

I am using a NinjaTrader demo account. I have connected to my MBTrading account and it shows on the NinjaTrader control panel. when I click on File>New>Charts, I don't get any chart at all. Is the chart application for paid members only?

Comment

Originally posted by albatriq View Post
          I am using a NinjaTrader demo account. I have connected to my MBTrading account and it shows on the NinjaTrader control panel. when I click on File>New>Charts, I don't get any chart at all. Is the chart application for paid members only?
          Hello albatriq,

Can you confirm whether a chart window will not open at all or are you just not able to see historical bars?

MB Trading does not provide historical data, they only offer real time data so in this case the chart will not backfill historical bars.

Included below is a link to our Help Guide that goes over the data providers that NinjaTrader supports and the data they offer as well as the instruments they support.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unable to cature data for:- AUDCHF,NZDJPY,CADCHF &amp; CADJPY Forex Pairs

I cannot plot 4 Forex pairs, but I managed to plot 23 pairs out of 27 I study and track.
            These 4 are:-
            • AUDCHF
            • NZDJPY
            • CADCHF
            • CADJPY
            I have these pairs in my instrument list and was advised by a Ninja Cust.Serv. team member to go to Tools> Options> Misc and click on reset Instruments. This still did not resolve the situation and I still received data going back just a few bars.

I also did the method of removing them from my Instrument list and searching for them again, making sure the Exchange was set to default (as advised in this thread) However, I still had the same problem.
            1. The AUDCHF has built up 9 bars of 60m data - but is showing a big 100 pip gap up in the last 8 bars in the 5m chart - which is inaccurate. I do not know why such a big gap has occured, I checked with other plotting packages and there is no gap/just in the market!
            2. The CADCHF and NZDJPY is doing exactly the same (and has the big gap)
            3. The CADYEN has just build up 6 bars on the 15m chart(4 bars on 15m, etc)
            When I attempted to reload historical data from the Tools menu for these 4 pairs, I selected a 1 min timeframe going back to Jan 1995. However, it took less than a second to (supposidly) capture the history data. However, this took 45 seconds for my other pairs (so the difference in time made in suspect)

All my other Intraday charts go back to Jan 2009 on the 60m timeframes.

I have a GAIN demo a/c, but want to go live very soon, but I require to set these 4 pairs up properley and correctly before I do.

Does anyone know why I have this problem and how can I resolve it?

Comment

Hello Maz100,

Thank you for your post.

GAIN/Forex.com provides historical minute and tick data 24 hours back only.

For a complete listing of the types of data available from each of the supported providers, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I believe there must be a problem in Ninja's database with uploading the Historical data for these 4 pairs. (Using Tools> Historical Data> Reload)

When doing this for these pairs, it does not behave the same as it would for other pairs. It takes no time at all to finish it's process, however, with all other pairs it takes approx 1 min to "reload" data from 01/01/1995 to present.

Is there anyone else experiencing lack of data, or general problems, for these 4 pairs:-
                • AUDCHF
                • NZDJPY
                • CADCHF
                • CADJPY
                Anyone have any Ideas or theories. Anyone know how can I solve this problem?

Comment

Hello maz100,

Unfortunately these instruments are not available on the historical data server, so you will not receive any historical data when using the NinjaTrader server for historical data in your Gain connection.

However, you should receive real-time data in the chart.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

That explains it then.

Yes, Iam getting minute by minute data, however, it never collects and keeps all the data for me.

All I ever see is constant 11 bars on my 60min charts (in AUDCHF), and a big up-gap in price for the same pair. The NZDJPY and CADCHF has given me 2 gaps now, and just 11 bars of history in my 60m. The CADJPY just show me 3 60m bars and one big up gap.

I have these in my database for a few days now, and they should have built more history up.

Is the only way to resolve this is by obtaining historical data from someone like barcharts, etc? Or can I obtain clean historical data (for these 4 pairs) for Ninja Trader free somehow?

What type of format do these prices come into Ninja Trader? Can it be in different formats?

Comment

Please enable 'Store real-time bar data' at Tools-->Options-->Data-tab to save real-time chart data.

Unfortunately I am not aware of a way to obtain the historical data for free.

Comment

Yes, my box for storing real-time data was checked, so I think it's another problem for these 4 pairs, not sure what it is but there is some sort of issue with them.

I will try with a data service provider and see if this solves the problem and keep this thread updated in approx a week's time. Many Thanks.

Comment

NinjaTrader Jason,

Is there any reason why NT does not have history data for these 4 pairs?

Does not a user obtain Historical data by Tools> Historical Data> Reload. The select the dates required for the historical data?

On NT customer service advice I have uninstalled NT and downloaded again. Now the prices seem to be continuous for the 4 pairs I have had problems with, but I will monitor them and let post any problem I have with them on this thread.

I may well try the data service fro Barcharts.com and see how that works out too. Keep u posted.

Comment

There are still major serious problems associated with these 4 "problematic" pairs.

For one, none of them retain historical data, even though my NT is set up to capture live data. (ie. Tools > Options > Data - "Store Real Time bar data"). My NT has been set like this for at least 3 weeks.

The AUDCHF does NOT retain historical data and there are also some "flat" bars on Sunday May 10, 2009, between 3pm and 9pm UK time. Global trading in the AUDCHF does not happen during
                            these times and on other pairs no "flat" bars appear during this time.
                            See attached Image:- AUDCHF (60 Min)

The same is true for CADCHF; ie.. data is not captured. And there is a major gap in prices between May 5 and May 7. See attached Image:- CADCHF (60 Min)

CADJPY is much, much worst with just 4 hourly bars saved see attached Image:- CADJPY (60 Min) This has a major gap.

Finally the NZDJPY has 7 hourly bars saved. See attached: - NZDJPY (60 Min) This has a major gap.

In my NT set up the Historical data is set for "Use Ninja Trader Servers".

In the past I have un-installed and reinstalled NT to try and resolve this problem, however, this did not help.

I also attempted to Repair the database, using Tools > Options > Misc > Repair DB. Then "Reload Historical Data" using a right mouse click function on the chart itself. However, none of this worked.

I have also deleted the history data for these 4 pairs and reloaded the history data again, but this did not work.

Although Ninja Trader servers many NOT keep historical data going back very far on these 4 pair, it by all means should allow the capture of these pairs, if your NT is set up to "Store Real Time bar data" as mine is. I should have and see data going back at least 3 weeks!!

Why does this problem exist, where as it does not in all the other Forex pairs within NT. Could someone at NT look into this as a matter of urgency.

In fact the historical data of these 4 pairs go back as far as early 1990's, with the exception of the NZDJPY going back to early 1998, according to esignal.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello maz100,

Please note that having the 'Store real-time bar data' enabled only, will not provide access to all historical data; you will need to receive it in real-time data as well. As long as this option is enabled and you receive real-time data in a chart, the received real-time data will be saved in the database and will appear the next time you open the chart for the same instrument.

Reloading historical data will reload historical data from the data feed you are connected to. Unfortunately the historical data server does not support the 4 pairs in question.

I will forward your suggestion to support these 4 pairs on the historical data server to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                              Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes