Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Weird: charts refreshing when I close a position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird: charts refreshing when I close a position?

This is very strange behavior that I don't completely understand. I am running in demo mode, so I'm not sure if this would happen in normal trading.

When I put on a position (long or short), and then close out that position by either hitting the market button, or setting a limit order that gets hit, I find that a few of my charts have their lower indicators "refresh" - meaning, they reload as if I had pressed F5 to reload the ninjascript.

What is really strange is that this doesn't happen if I close out the position by clicking the "close" button. This isn't a critical issue, but I'm wondering if it might be related to another issue I was having with slow order fills in the superDOM in simulation mode.

Any ideas on why this happens?

Hi JS999, do you see any errors in the Log tab when this occurs? Does it happen for any indicator you apply to the lower panels? Does it depend on CalculateOnBarClose settings for the indicators?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi JS999, do you see any errors in the Log tab when this occurs? Does it happen for any indicator you apply to the lower panels? Does it depend on CalculateOnBarClose settings for the indicators?
      There are no errors in the log when this happens. I have tried with a number of indicators, and it happens with all of them, even MACD (which is pretty standard). Also, it happens whether I have "calculate on bar close" set to true or false.

I have noticed that it happens on my 1 minute, 4 minute, and 15 minute charts, but not on my 60 or 240 minute charts, even though they have the same indicators on them.

Comment

Hi JS999, can you please contact me with your trace and log files at support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand - Thanks!
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rhubear
        by rhubear

Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
        8 responses