Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why does NT6 download new data when I already have history in the DB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imported post

Yes, it's todays date, But it seems to reload all the chart data. Not just todays
    At least thats what it looks like, as it displays each date it's loading in the dialog box.

And why does it load todays if it's already there?

tia

Comment

imported post

Here is what I suggest:

Close all windows in NT.
      Shut down.
      Open a 1 minute chart with start date last Wednesday, end date today.
      --> You should see a chart (assuming you have data in the database)
      Then connect to eSignal, NTshould only load today's data.

Why? Since for real-time, you always need to have today's data refreshed so the chart is up to date to the second otherwise, you would have a gap in data from the last point in time you were connected.

Ray
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

I believe what I am observing is similar to the other member's observation. Here's what I did to duplicate the problem I am having:

1) Closed Ninja Trader and renamed the .mdb file (to start with a clean db)

2) Started NT (version 6, beta 10) and connected to my data source (ESignal)

3) Opened a market analyzer window with just the instrument columnand a chart window (AAPL stock, 60 min timeframe,45 days back of data). Linked the two windows. On the chart, I added 4 simple moving averages (1000, 500, 200, 50). The chart window is looking at timeframe from 9:30 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST

4) In market analyzer, I loaded the Dow 30 stocks

5) Clicked on AA symbol. Took over 10 seconds for chart window to load

6) Clicked on AIG symbol. Tookover 10seconds for chart window to load

7) Click on AA symbol again (my understanding is that this data is now cached in the mdb file?). Still takes over 10 seconds to load the chart

Note that loading the same chart in ESignal with data since the beginning of the year (about 60 days of data) only takes about 3-4 seconds for every chart even if I go back to a previous symbol. I have avery fast computer and a very fast Comcast Cableinternet connection. I am fairly certain that ESignal does not do any caching of previously requested data.

What is really weird is that if I use daily data timeframe (even if I load 1500 days of data) it takes 1-2 seconds for any symbol on the first request and is almost instantaneous on subsequent requests.

Unfortunately, some of the charts with certain timeframes (like 60 min for example, there are others also)load so slow during the trading day that I don't use them which is contrary to my Ninja Trader goals. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

Comment

imported post

I guess I know what's going on. Let me thing about potential resolutions for a while. I will come back to you.

Did you get my other PM of yesterday regarding your issue in the other thread? Could you please follow up by PM? Thanks in advance.

Comment

imported post

We created a custom build which should address this issue. Could you please:
            - uninstall NT6 via control panel
            - clear your browser cache to make sure you get latest download
            - install custom build from here: www.ninjatrader-support.com/ninjatrader/nt6/NinjaTrader.Install.msi

Comment

imported post

Yes, I believe this problem is solved !! I'll try to run the desired charts, market analyzer windows during the live trading day on Monday and see if things are improved during live action. If not, I'll provide further details but this is a definite improvement.

THANK YOU

Comment

imported post

Great!

Comment

imported post

It's better, but still has issues.

Switching charts using a link'ed MarketAnalyser and chart now works at a reasonable speed, approx 2 to 3 seconds.

However, loading a Market Analyser still take a long time.
                  First load of the Dow 30 using the attached template took approx 6 minutes.
                  2nd Loading took 3 minutes .. you still saw the dialog box counting thru the bars

Nasd 100 first load is at GENZ and has been running for 9 minutes.
                  I suspect it will take 30 min or more to do the initial load. '-(

The template is pretty simple. Just 3 columns with a 5 , 15 and Hourly CCI value displayed. You can tell it's the Hourly taking the time from the way the Loading Data box counts down.

So .. first load . Some slowness is expected, but not this much. It could be an Esig issue .. but as reported in another thread, esig itself loads this quickly

But 2nd load .. should be really fast

And I still don't understand why NT has to reload the days data even if it's already been stored.

I am using the special build posted below, and esignal for backfill.
                  Attached Files

Comment

imported post

Yes, we fixed a hanging issue with B10.

Please:
                    - uninstall NT6 via control panel
                    - install latest custom build from here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/n...er.Install.msi

Comment

imported post

I am running the special build you posted on Fri APr 6
                      Is the one you just posted different ?

Comment

imported post

Sorry, some forum handling confusion on my end.

Let's focus the issues you and Greg1 experience in this thread: http://ninjatrader.mywowbb.com/forum12/1802.html

I'll post my findings there.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post traderqz  
                        Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes