Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View360

Questions:
    Has anyone tryed VIEW360 NT's new partners walkforward optimizer?

With NTs current optimizer can the Interval setting be optimized?

Buttermilk,

Unfortunately you currently cannot optimize interval settings with the default optimizer.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am also curious to hear from people who have used this product.

The website does not give me nearly enough detail on how it works for me to spend $500 on a trial to find out.

Mike

Comment

View360

The fact that its not Genetic and don't optimize the Interval setting give me concern

Comment

They don't say how it integrates into NT (does it plugin to the NT UI, or does it require NT to write out some files as the screenshot hints, etc.). It doesn't support 64-bit operating systems, apparently. They do have a 5-day money back guarantee, but since there is no trial version, I'm not planning to take a look myself, since I don't want to risk any hassles requesting a refund. The multi-threading and ability to specify custom constraints and sorting for the optimizer results looks very nice. I do have problems with equity curves that start at $0, since that is impossible, but I can look past that. Is it really only using a brute force search like NT?

It might be worth waiting to see what NT7 offers with the new built-in optimizer first, but I'm curious as well...

See: http://bruteanalytics.com/

Comment

Per bruteanalytics

View360 supports genetic optimizations through TradeStation, but the tool is not a genetic optimizer itself.

Comment

Anagoge,

I agree with what you've said, although I missed the part about not supporting x64. That is a deal breaker for me. It's like the Jurik indicators all over again (not supporting Vista).... give me a break!

We already have learned from other posts that NT7 does have enhancements in the optimization area, but it has not yet been stated/leaked if they will include a genetic optimizer by default. There was one written on this forum, but it doesn't work for me and in fact crashes all my strategies.

Mike

Comment

Brute Analytics View360

Hi,

I just saw this thread and wanted to thank all of you for taking a look at our product, Brute Analytics View360 for performing Walk Forward Analysis.

Ther person most qualified to answer your questions is actually on vacation until next week and I'm sure they will be very excited to answer all of your questions then.

In terms of providing more information on our website (www.BruteAnalytics.com) we would appreciate any suggestions! Be as specific as you'd like. Meanwhile we do offer a money back, no questions asked, Risk Free trial for 5 days if you'd like to take a closer look at View360. I think once you try it you'll have a better idea how well it works.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DayTradingDEMON  
                Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Stanfillirenfro