Unable to use MB Demo Trading account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to use MB Demo Trading account

I have downloaded and set up NinjaTrader to access the MB Trading demo server.

When I start NT, the MBT Navigator window comes up and it updates properly. When I try to select any Forex pair, I cannot get a chart, FX Pro or SuperDom to load. They DO load, but even after selecting the Forex pair, the chart, etc. does not update.

I have reset the instruments. I have deleted the "standard" instruments in the default list and have searched for and loaded the symbols for the Forex pairs into my default list.

I know that there will be no historical data displayed. I wait to see if the chart will begin to update on the right hand side and have used 5 min and 1 min charts, but there is no update. The FX Pro and SuperDOM show 0 x 0 and no additional data when one of the currency pairs is selected.

Everything (charts, fx pro, superdom) seems to work just fine when I'm using the simulated data feed connection, but if I connect to MB Trading, nothing will work. I do notice that the "account" setting is grayed out and is set to Sim101.

Do I need to do something extra to get NT to work with the MBT demo server?

Thanks.

Hello njnavigator,

Please send me an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and include your MBTrading demo connection username and password, so I can test the connection on my end.

Are you able to receive forex data in the MBTrading Navigator window?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason...

Yes - as I mentioned in my original post, I am able to see the MBT Navigator window and that window updates with Forex quotes for the pairs selected. It is only the NT windows that do not update.

I will email you those details straight away.
      Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Did you set everything up according to the connection guide?

When you add a pair, did you use the $ in front (ie $EURJPY)?
        mrlogik
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Yes to both questions.

I have no problem seeing data in the MBT Navigator window and that window continuously updates.

If I select "new" - and then any device - FX Pro, Chart, Superdom - the actual item displays and I can select the currency pair from the drop down box (where applicable) but nothing updates.

Comment

Try closing both programs. then open just NT and connect to MB data.
            RJay
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Will NT 6.5 simulator work on MB Navigator?

While NT status is Connected MbTrading (green) using NT 6.5.1000.15 free simulator and MB Navigator 11.5.0.5 on /6em0 my NT dome shows level II and current bid ask (so there is a live market), whenever I attempt to place an order I get and NT error message "There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine. Affected Order: Buy 1 Limit @ 1.3493" etc.

Will NT 6.5 simulator work on MB Navigator?

I've verified by closing NT 6.5 and placing the simulated order on Mb Navigator that the order can be entered directly through MB Navigator.

Will NT 7.0 simulator work on MB Navigator?
              Last edited by ProfitPilgrim; 04-02-2010, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Hi ProfitPilgrim,

Please send a note to support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com so that we may further investigate.

In the message, please include the following:
                1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) Your most current log file: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt

3.) Your most current trace file: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post wzgy0920  
                Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes