Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 data providers in same chart in NT7?

Hey there...

DTN.IQ is currently offering me a limited time deal for $15/month for backfill data only (non-realtime), which would be useful to me when combined with Zen-Fire for real-time access.

As things stand, I believe that in NT 6.5 you cannot combine ZF real-time data with backfill data from another provider like IQFeed. (So for example, it would not be possible to display a 1440 minute chart (1 day periodicity) with real-time updates from ZF, also going back a full year with the back-fill data from DTN.IQ.)

My question is, will this be possible in NT7?

Hello JS999,

Thank you for your note.

This should be possible by connecting to Zen-Fire first and connecting to DTN second.
    More information on multiple data connections here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
      Hello JS999,

Thank you for your note.

This should be possible by connecting to Zen-Fire first and connecting to DTN second.
      More information on multiple data connections here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html
      Are you saying that this is possible in NT 6.5? The link you gave has 2 providers as an example, one with real-time,and one with real-time and backfill. Can I do it if the second broker has backfill only?

Comment

Yes, this should be possible, however we have not tested the DTN historical only feed.
        Perhaps other users can let you know their comments?
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

On a related note, I have tried to hook up NinjaTrader straight to IQFeed and tried to display a continuous contract for YM. In the instrument manager, I put @YM# as the symbol that should be used for IQFeed. I also selected 06-09 AND ###-### as the expiry dates for the contract, and in both cases, when I try to load a chart for this it gives me an error saying that the symbol is invalid.

IQFeed tech support says that @YM# should be the correct symbol, and they can't figure out what is wrong - so they suggested that I contact NT support. Does anyone here have an idea what could be wrong?

Comment

Hello JS9999,

Thank you for your reply.

Please use just YM with an ##-## expiry date.

Please let me know if this works for you.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello JS9999,

Thank you for your reply.

Please use just YM with an ##-## expiry date.

Please let me know if this works for you.
              Unfortunately this does not work, I still get an invalid symbol. In any case, it's not going to be of much use to me if I have to put ##-## as the expiry date, because the idea is to use Zen-Fire for the real-time portion of the data, and IQFeed for the backfill portion in the same chart. Since Zen-Fire expects YM 06-09, and you are telling me to use YM ##-##, that can't be combined in the same chart, can it? In any case it didn't work, regardless...

Comment

Hello JS999,

When using multiple connections, NinjaTrader will retrieve data from the first connection. Only when the first connection does not support an instrument type (stock, forex future, index), NinjaTrader will retrieve data from the second connection.

When using the Zen-Fire - IQFeed connection sequence, NinjaTrader will retrieve all futures data from Zen-Fire.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes