order placement & commissions for FX on MB Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order placement & commissions for FX on MB Trading

hi, i'm having some trouble working out the quantity of currency i'm trading using FX PRO with MB Trading as my broker, and then correctly setting up the commission costs.

when i enter a trade to buy $.1M in FX pro, the confirmation order placement comes up asking to confirm 100,000 contracts. so i assume that 0.1M is 0.1 (10%) of 1 million dollars, being $100,000. is this correct? if so, each contract must be worth $1.00. is this correct? in this example when i trade $100,000 each tick is worth $10. however, when i run the gain demo account if i trade with 1 contract each tick is worth $10. so does that mean the value of each contract with Gain is $100,000?

as i'll be trading with MB Trading, should i enter the currency value that i want to trade, and when the platform says "contracts" in the confirmation window, just replace that (mentally) with "currency value"?

if this is the case then how do i set up the commission costs (being $0.50 per US $10,000 traded) in ninja trader. when i try to set the parameters the commission comes up with $5000 or $50,000?

finally if i have just closed a trade, how can i see what my profit or loss was in dollar value and pips?

thanks and sorry if i have confused you with the above.
    Ben

ok, i think i've worked most of this out. looks like my thoughts were right for all of the top parragraphs. i've also worked out the commissions.

just one more question - if i have just closed a trade, how can i see what my profit or loss was in dollar value and pips? the accounts section sometimes shows the dollar value result, but sometimes it seems not to. but it doesn't show the pip result.

thanks
    Ben

Comment

Hello Ben,

I suggest to generate a performance report that includes the trades to your liking. Select the Trades-tab to view your performance per trade.

You can set the performance report to percent, currency and points. More information can be found at the link below.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok thanks Jason

Comment

in the accounts tab i selected the trades tab and generated the report which is fine. can you tell me what MAE, MFE and ETD stand for and how they're calculated.

Comment

Hello Ben,

Please see the statistics definitions section in our help guide at the link below.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks again Jason.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post arvidvanstaey  
              Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM