set up Gain demo data feed on Ninja

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

set up Gain demo data feed on Ninja

I attempting to set up to receive feed from Gain Capital..
    I do not see where to place it in the new area....
    please point me to the place..

Thanks

daveM

Originally posted by daveM View Post
    I attempting to set up to receive feed from Gain Capital..
    I do not see where to place it in the new area....
    please point me to the place..

Thanks

daveM
    Hello daveM,

Thank you for post.

The link I have provided below will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to GAIN/Forex.com.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply.....!!!!!

For some reason, I didn't do it properly the first time....... this time it worked just about perfectly...lol (mebbe following instructions is a good idea).......

Thanks again...

dave

Comment

Hi, I have a question about demo trading I'd like to address here. I have followed the instructions for setting up a gain demo and everything seems to work ok except one thing; my Cash Value is 99999.98 and I only see the digit to the right of the comma change when I take positions. Why is that ? Like now I took a 300$ loss and my cash value changed to 99999.97.

EDIT: I changed my cash value to 10k and took a 50$ loss without the initial value changing. What am I doing wrong ? Also, with 1 qty the pip value seems to be 10 times higher than normal.
        Last edited by aediaz1; 05-20-2009, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aediaz1 View Post
          Hi, I have a question about demo trading I'd like to address here. I have followed the instructions for setting up a gain demo and everything seems to work ok except one thing; my Cash Value is 99999.98 and I only see the digit to the right of the comma change when I take positions. Why is that ? Like now I took a 300$ loss and my cash value changed to 99999.97.

EDIT: I changed my cash value to 10k and took a 50$ loss without the initial value changing. What am I doing wrong ? Also, with 1 qty the pip value seems to be 10 times higher than normal.
          Hello aediaz1,

Thank you for your reply.

If you have a "FIXED" spread account set the value for the property "Quote currencies (FX) in" to "Pip".

If you have a FRACTIONAL" spread account set the value for the property "Quote currencies (FX) in" to "TenthPip".

This can be changed by going to the Control Center-->Tools-->Misc.-->Quote currencies (FX) in-->change-->Click OK

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
            Hello aediaz1,

Thank you for your reply.

If you have a "FIXED" spread account set the value for the property "Quote currencies (FX) in" to "Pip".

If you have a FRACTIONAL" spread account set the value for the property "Quote currencies (FX) in" to "TenthPip".

This can be changed by going to the Control Center-->Tools-->Misc.-->Quote currencies (FX) in-->change-->Click OK

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
            Thank you for your assistance. Unfortunately, it didn't solve my initial problem. No matter what I do, I cannot get NT to update my cash value after a position is closed like on real account. And of course the main problem; pip value seems to be all wrong.

Also, I don't understand why 1 Qty orders have gone from 1$ per tick to 10$.

When I changed my Quote currencies to tenthPip, NT calculated 5 pips as 50 so I couldn't use that settings. I attached a screen-shot too, hope it helps.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello aediaz1,

Unfortunately the sim101 settings are a grey area of the software, see forum thread below.

It seems it will not reflect expected cash value deductions when trading it using the Gain demo feed.

An order with the quantity of 1 when trading the sim101 account using the Gain demo connection will represent one lot that consists of 100,000 base units.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                Hello aediaz1,

Unfortunately the sim101 settings are a grey area of the software, see forum thread below.

It seems it will not reflect expected cash value deductions when trading it using the Gain demo feed.

An order with the quantity of 1 when trading the sim101 account using the Gain demo connection will represent one lot that consists of 100,000 base units.
                Hello. That was sad to hear. It doesn't have to be Gain demo, all I want is a demo that works properly. Any suggestions ?

Comment

Unfortunately, when using the NinjaTrader free license key you will be limited to trade the NinjaTrader sim101 account only.

If you like to trade an external account, whether demo or live, you will need a live license.

Interactive Brokers has a demo account/connection, which you can trade when using a live license.

Comment

Unfortunately, when using the NinjaTrader free license key you will be limited to trade the NinjaTrader sim101 account only.

If you like to trade an external account, whether demo or live, you will need a live license.

Interactive Brokers has a demo account/connection, which you can trade when using a live license.
                    I'll use the sim101, it doesn't really matter to me as long as it works properly

Ok, I'm demoing on sim101. Everything seems fine but I still cannot make the cash-value change which I consider as a great benefit for trading I feel like chasing my own tail here but I wonder if you have any other suggestions here? Thank you.

Comment

It seems a loss of $20,000 will deduct 0.2 from the cash value in the sim101 account. I suggest to add 5 zero's to the point value of the forex instrument you intend to trade in simulation. Go to Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit. Remove and add the modified instrument to your instrument list. Check the effect on the cash value of the sim101 account when trading the instrument.

However, please do not use modified instrument settings when trading live. If you intend to trade live, please ensure the make use of the default instrument settings to avoid possible issues. You can reset your instruments at Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab.

Comment

It seems a loss of $20,000 will deduct 0.2 from the cash value in the sim101 account. I suggest to add 5 zero's to the point value of the forex instrument you intend to trade in simulation. Go to Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit. Remove and add the modified instrument to your instrument list. Check the effect on the cash value of the sim101 account when trading the instrument.

However, please do not use modified instrument settings when trading live. If you intend to trade live, please ensure the make use of the default instrument settings to avoid possible issues. You can reset your instruments at Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab.
                        I took gbp/usd as an example to adjust but it already had 5 zeros and still doesn't work. I'm ready for new suggestions lol.

Edit; I tried on eur/jpy who had 4 zeros but it didn't work.

Edit2; lol I should have guessed earlier that adding more zeros would have worked. I added 8 zeros and now it seems ok. What a strange problem..
                        Last edited by aediaz1; 05-21-2009, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Please add 5 zero's to the existing value. You will need to play with the settings yourself and check what values work best for you.

Comment

Please add 5 zero's to the existing value. You will need to play with the settings yourself and check what values work best for you.
                            It doesn't work I have tried to add all possible zero's without any luck. Is this a familiar problem?

Comment

Did you remove and add the modified instrument to your instrument list in the Instrument Manager?

When you traded the same instrument using an increased point value by 5 zero's, it did not deduct the cash value differently than before?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes