Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Auto-filling order qty in Basic Entry based on available funds in account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto-filling order qty in Basic Entry based on available funds in account?

In my scalping account, I trade using order sizes based on a percentage of the available funds in my account, for example if my indicator ranking is a 4/4 I use 90%, if it's 3/4 I use 70% and so on. It would be great to be able to auto-populate the order qty field in Basic Entry and other order windows with a quantity that reflects a percentage of account size, for example:
    • If my account has $50k cash in it and I want to buy BAC when it's trading around $12, it would auto-fill order qty with (90% * $50,000) / 12 = ~3750 shares.
    • If I decided to go with an alternate trade, say C at $3.50, it would auto-populate it with (90% * $50,000) / $3.50 = ~12850 shares.
    Is something like this possible in NinjaTrader?

Originally posted by Hauser View Post
    In my scalping account, I trade using order sizes based on a percentage of the available funds in my account, for example if my indicator ranking is a 4/4 I use 90%, if it's 3/4 I use 70% and so on. It would be great to be able to auto-populate the order qty field in Basic Entry and other order windows with a quantity that reflects a percentage of account size, for example:
    • If my account has $50k cash in it and I want to buy BAC when it's trading around $12, it would auto-fill order qty with (90% * $50,000) / 12 = ~3750 shares.
    • If I decided to go with an alternate trade, say C at $3.50, it would auto-populate it with (90% * $50,000) / $3.50 = ~12850 shares.
    Is something like this possible in NinjaTrader?
    Hello Hauser,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately the pararmeters you are describing are not possible to setup within NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    16 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Leafcutter  
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes