eSignal Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eSignal Problems

I just subscribe to eSignal yesterday. Everything worked fine up until today. NT keep hanging/freezing up when I use eSignal as my primary feed. The problems usually starts when NT need to send orders to IB for execution. Even in simulation mode, when it start putting in orders, NT starts hanging/freezing up and I can't even close it.

The other problem is the first candle of my charts doesn't seem to load correctly. E.g. Today, there was a gap up on SPY, but on my chart, the open of the first candle at 9:30am was the previous close price rather than the gap up open price. When I reload the data on the chart, it then showed correctly. I am thinking it could be a timing synchronisation issues? Maybe my session start time is a few seconds earlier than the market open that's why it took the previous close price as the open price?

Hi tjendra,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Kyle" in the subject line?

Please include your log and trace files in your note.

You will find your log file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt

You will find your trace file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

With eSignal as the primary feed to NT, NT will start freezing around 1 to 2 hours into the trading session.

I just found out that I can use eSignal feeds in IB TWS. I was wondering if I use eSignal as the feed into IB TWS and then use IB as the primary feed into NT. Would I be getting the eSignal feed or the IB feed in NT in such a configuration?

Maybe this can also solve the freezing up problem since previously I have no problem if I just connect IB feed to NT. It is only after I started using eSignal as primary and IB as secondary feed then the freezing up problem starts happening.

Comment

Hi tjendra,

Thank you for your reply.

Not sure which would be the primary data source in this case. I suggest checking with IB.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes