Why Ninja Trader Freezes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Ninja Trader Freezes....

Ninja Trader by design is a wonderful platform. However, it's basic flaw is that it is not OPTIMIZED to run on multiple core processors that are so prevalent nowadays. The platform itself requires 1GB of ram just to run. Which is fine. Now add in feeds, charting, indicators and the like and it can demand even more power and that fine as welll. However, Ninja, by design, won't call up the other processors to help feed it's power demand and the software developers at Ninja know this. I had 4 charts running today and it froze up 8 times with nothing else running in the back ground. Promises to fix this problem on the next update appear hollow as they have known about this for quite some time. I don't understand why Ninja can't tackle this problem and provide a patch. I just downloaded the latest version that came out on May 4 and no patch. If they don't watch out they're going to get what most vendors don't want. An unreliable product. What a pity....

Hi Jeffalan212,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry for your frustration.

NinjaTrader 6.5 supports multi-core/multi-processor hardware. NinjaTrader internally supports multiple threads of executions which would be run by the Windows OS on different cores/processor. However, NinjaTrader 6.5 is not optimized to make full usage of a multi-core/ multi-processor hardware.

NinjaTrader 7 will come with optimized multi core/multi-processor support. This will allow users to make full usage of a multi-core/ multi-processor hardware on backtesting multiple instruments or running multiple iterations of a strategy optimization at the same time.

However, due to the nature of the Window OS, NinjaTrader 7 would not be able to fully use all available multi-cores/multi-processors at any given time.

Simply spoken: running NinjaTrader on a 4 core/machine machine would not make NinjaTrader run 4 times faster than on a 1 core/processor machine. However, it would speed it up noticeabley.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Kyle; 05-08-2009, 09:39 AM.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

* Edited previous post for accuracy.
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Speed is not the issue....

Kyle, the whole point of my posting was the way Ninja Trader utilizes and processes it's own power needs. A platform that freezes and takes 15 to 30 seconds to pull up a new instrument chart is simply not optimized. It truly becomes UNSTABLE. Speed is not the end all be all of a platform. Stability is!!!! I'm very glad that the support team at Ninja realize this and hopefully these issues will be resolved with Ninja 7. This will be my last posting on this issue........

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Brevo
        by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes