Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imported post

Guys, working my way through...

I would want to learn something: Why would you need several market analyzers running? Why could you not just throw all columns on all timeframes you need onto one market analyzer?

Thanks

Comment

imported post

One reason is screen space/layout and another is for separation of function by account type.

For example, I have one small list in the foreground all the time for primary R/T emini trading, and wanted another for my slower paced swing and covered call portfolio. This 2nd one would be moved off from the primary screen.

Comment

imported post

My reason is similar to Zoltran in that I have very short-term trading (futures) where I look at various indexes like Tick, Advance/Decline, various eminis. I have one monitor where I keep all my short-term trading charts, scanners, order placement, etc.

On the other monitor I have charts that I use for longer-term trading anywhere from an hour to multiple days/weeks. Originally when I started to use the market analyzer I did have all column timeframes for my longer term trading in the same market analyzer and was having problems with speed/memory utilization (I think many of those issues have been addressed over the last week to two), so I broke things down into smaller chunks so I could try to use the scanner during the day on a few timeframes but not use all the timeframes I desired.

Since various issues have been addressed recently, I am going to take all my longer term trading timeframes and put them back into a single market analyzer and see how that works out. If it does, then I would be at the point where I need two market analyzer windows (1 for futures trading and 1 for options/longer term trading). I'll load up my options market analyzer with the various timeframes (weekly, daily, 4 bars per day, hourly, 30min, 15min, 5min) and see how the speed/memory usage is (a big test would be during the trading day tomorrow).

Hope this explanation helps.

Comment

imported post

Just to confirm my current understanding. If I load up a single market analyzer with different timeframes (i.e. hourly, 30min and 5min) the only columns that will get recalculated every 5 minutes are the 5 min columns? Is that correct?

Comment

imported post

Guys, thanks for clarification.

Greg1: Yes your understanding ist correct.

I'll keep you posted.

Comment

imported post

Greg1: I stand corrected. We recently changed the default calculation to CalculatyeOnBarClose=false, meaning calculation is triggered on every tick.

Please set it to True on the column properties if you want to trigger calculation only once ber bar.

Comment

imported post

Dierk

I can confirm that the esig loading time is signifgantly reduced!

Is there any way you could apply that magic to the OpenTick adapter?
                I know they are slow, but maybe ..... ;-)

Thanks for all the help over the past week or two.
                Much appreciated.

Comment

imported post

Sorry no. The delay you experience on the OpenTick adapter is related to their server speed. Nothing we can do on our end.

Comment

imported post

Just wanted to check in and see how things look for a fix to this in the next beta possibly? Thanks.

Comment

imported post

Hi Greg1,

Be out after market close tomorrow.

Ray
                      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Thanks for beta 11. With this build I have been able to have 2 market analyzer's load upon program restart (first time I've been able to do that).

This beta appears to have quite a number of significant improvements in the areas of performance, memory utilization and general program stability. The live markets will be another good test and will let you know if I have further problems.

Thank you for all that you do.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes