Unable to connect to R1FIN or RIFIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to R1FIN or RIFIN

I use TDA and for the life of me I cannot seem to add the "Russell 1000 Financial Services Sector Index" as an instrument. I was able to setup several other instruments successfully using the same symbol that works on the TDA site directly. This is the only one that gives me trouble.

It either gives an error message stating "Error on loading chart data" or it instantly produces a blank chart and gives no error.

List of symbols I have tried:
    $R1FIN.X - Works On TDA
    RIFIN.X - Works On Google
    RIFIN - Works On ThinkorSwim
    $RIFIN - Works On Prophet Charts

I have tried both selecting it as an "Index" as well as a "Stock" instrument. I have tried both AMEX (Which should be correct) as well as NYSE.

I don't know what else to do! I chart this index for FAS, and FAZ but can't start doing any programming until I can at least get the instrument setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums tpscrat! For the error you get, please disconnect from TDA and go to Tools > Options > Misc and Repair your DB. Then reconnect to TDA and check which symbol mapping gives you the realtime index data in the Control Center window. Use this then also for your charts.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I still can't get it working however.

I did the DB Reset, which actually gave me an error so I went ahead and deleted the DB files and re-started the program so it would create a new DB. It did that, and for good measure I repaired the new DB and as it should it was successful. I then went to Control Center and tried every possible combination of symbol that I could and it still would not give me any realtime data.

I can still successfully add other symbols both in Control Center and as an Instrument, this is the only one that is giving me trouble.

I'd be happy to try any other thoughts or ideas you may have. I'm at a loss as to what to try next.

Comment

Which symbol mapping for TDA and exchange are you using now? Have you confirmed those with TDA? Please also try the CBOE exchange, the normal Russell 1000 uses this...

Comment

I have confirmed that the $R1FIN.X symbol works at the TDA site and platform.

I did try changing the exchange to CBOE with a slightly different but not better result (See Below). I had already tried NYSE, AMEX, and Default.

When I tried the CBOE exchange I get both of the following errors when trying to create a chart with it.

ERROR: HISTBACKFILL "$R1FIN.X" Data acquisition failed for 1 of 1 requests.Error retrieving data.
          ------------------------------
          Error on loading chart data for '^R1FIN Cboe': Error - Data acquisition failed for 1 of 1 requests.Error retrieving data.
          ------------------------------

On a side note, I did confirm these errors on a different computer at a different location. Main system runs XP Pro, second system runs Vista. Both are fully up to date, Firewall and Virus protection turned off while testing these.

Thanks again for all the assistance! I am sure we will get it at one point.

Comment

tpscrat,

Please confirm the symbol mapping information placed inside the Instrument Manager for this instrument. Thank you. It should be what works on the TDA platform.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Guys,

I did confirm that $R1FIN.X is what I am entering in the TD AMERITRADE section on the Symbol Map page of the instrument editor. This symblol is what works on the QUOTE page on TDA.

HOWEVER! I must apologize as I think I gave misinformation previously. I cannot seem to pull up that same symbol using the command center platform on the TDA site. I honestly swore I had pulled it up there as well but in all the frustration trying to get this going I guess I just didn't.

SO, I assume this leaves us with the fact that TDA kind of supports $R1FIN.X but not completely? I tried the whole barrage of symbols in their Command Center platform but to no avail. I can only pull it up using their static quote page.

Thanks so much for the help, I am sorry it was for nothing due to my misinformation. I have emailed TDA support to look into the issue with them.

Comment

Thanks for reporting back to us tpscrat, please let us know when we can be of further help on this issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                16 responses
                0 likes