What can Ninja Handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can Ninja Handle

I've been trying to backtest my latest strategy but Ninja keeps konking out on me. What are the limitations to what Ninja can handle?

I would like to be able to back test at least 2 months at a time--is this normally a problem. I am presently using a 610v chart on the ES which means quite a few bars per day, but I don't know what else I can do since Ninja doesn't look inside the bars very well if I use larger interval. The actual strategy triggers off a 2m data stream which is loaded into the strategy regardless of the native interval.

Since I'm looking for trends with respect to parameter changes I like to keep the top 100-200 results for plotting in Excel--is this a problem for Ninja?

I'm trying to figure out why I don't get smooth sailing after repairing data base, rebooting, reloading Ninja, etc. It's becoming rather frustrating by now.

Also, is there an advantage to running back tests while not connected to a data feed? (i.e. just using data saved on the drive?) I know in TradeStation this makes back testing go faster.

Is there a "Tips and Tricks" page for back testing so I know if there are any things I shouldn't be doing?

Thanks,
    rsi77

rsi77,

610v charts will be taxing on the machine. Loading multiple data streams is very taxing as well. All I can suggest is to decrease the backtest load, whether that is with larger bar types or less dates.

Not being connected while backtesting will increase the speed simply by not requiring you to go off and download data which can take awhile especially volume data.

NT7 will provide improvements to memory usage and such and you should see performance improvements.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Javierw.ok  
    Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes