Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Orders to Create Single ATM Managed Position

Is this possible?
    Example, buy 1 contract 10 times at various prices but then want an ATM to manage the 10 lot position based on the average price plus parameters.
    Seems not since you must specify lot size in your ATM AND you cannot create a position and then have an ATM manage it.
    This seems basic for any discretionary, high frequency trading. Very difficult to pick off a dead bottom or top so this would allow a user to say, well, I think this is the bottom, approximately, but maybe there are 2 more points of noise, etc.
    Again, with all the features in this program, this seems basic and useful along with my previous request for a TRUE Volume Trigger which merely adds up Volume at a price instead of Bid/Ask Volume which, honestly, is very useless and does little more than a single trade triggered stop. Considering this, I have not even looked into Tick counts though they are there since there are Charts based off of them.
    I find these ommissions and incapabilities puzzling.These would be quite simple to implement and I believe many users would be pleased. Again, considering the tons of very similar tech studies and such that are available, why not make these additions which created a much more advanced product for full or semi discretionary traders.
    They will love you for keeping down the noise levels among other things.

If I am missing something, please inform me, I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Hello gambit50,

You can add protective OCO orders when in a naked position. Submit the 10 different entry orders at different prices, so you will be in a position for 10 contracts.

Please see the instructions at the link below to setup the OCO order to protect the naked position.

Correct, it is not possible to submit an ATM strategy to a naked position.

I will forward your suggestions to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Figured so. Why does it seem that if I enter multiple orders with the same ATM at different price levels, the stop losses for all of them aggregate to the closest one.

Example, if I bought 100 lot at price 1001 then lower at 1000.5 and then 1000 and have a stop loss of 8 ticks, there will be 300 stopped at 999.

Same with the targets, they seem to aggregate and I don't understand. Shouldn't each order placed under an ATM have its own set of orders. Again all placed with same ATM.

Comment

This is related to the ATM Strategy selection mode. When using the default setting (SelectActiveAtmStrategyOnOrderSubmission), additional entry orders will combine their stops and targets. If you like each entry order to use stops and targets defined in its ATM strategy, please set ATM Strategy selection mode to 'KeepSelectedAtmStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission' .

Right click in the SuperDOM and select Properties to modify this setting. More information can be found at the link below.

Comment

I selected the "Keep" alternative, still combining.
          Nevertheless, how are you supposed to know HOW it is combining them? The methodology of it and if it can combine orders then my original issue of not being able to manually enter multiple orders to create a position makes even less sense since Ninja is doing something like this on its own.

Comment

When the ATM Strategy drop down menu states 'Active ATM Strategy (number) - (ATM Template name)', the stop loss and profit target will be combined.

In order to have the stop loss and profit target submitted at the prices defined in the ATM strategy (not combined), you will need to re-select your ATM strategy in the ATM Strategy drop down menu after you entered your first entry order with an ATM strategy attached.

Setting the ATM Strategy selection mode to 'Keep....' will automatically re-select the ATM strategy (the ATM Strategy drop down menu display the ATM template name only).

Let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            168 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sidlercom80  
            Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
            3 responses