Doublema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doublema

i am trying to change the indicator DOUBLEMA posted by Josh to a VWMA.
    i get the following compile error:

the type name VWMAType does not exist in the type 'NinjaTraderIndicatorVWMA

cany you point me in the right direction.

trader1512, the code in our sharing section is provided 'as is' and unfortunately we don't offer custom coding services. For those you would need to contact a NinjaScript consultant - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

As a tip, you would need to add the new MAType to the MAV method that the DoubleMA calls.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i find this canned response to questions to be quite frustrating. vwma is a standard indicator and all i am trying to do is replace one ma with another. why does that generate a go elsewhere response.

Comment

trader1512, unfortunately we don't have the bandwidth to debug custom indicators - the DoubleMA was a study posted on the forum that Josh posted to the sharing section for general future reference.

But I think the change you requested is already done in this one that was posted also to the sharing section just recently - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...id=196&catid=1

Comment

unfortunately that indicator tries to replace mutliple indicators in your directories. I dont understand your response. the message is asking for a valid location to use the VWMA. this just doesnt seem to be a lengthy and time consuming response. just provide the proper directory location

Comment

trader1512,

We do not know how these custom indicators are programmed and cannot comment on when and where you can use things created by them. As such, we suggest you try and contact the original author for assistance on this.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i would do that except the indicator link bertrand sent just goes to a download process. it does not point to the indicator on the support site.

my original issue was, how do i change the ema to wvma in the double ma indicator you posted.

Comment

As Bertrand mentioned, that is not our indicator. You need to contact the original author.

Comment

this is what bartrand provided. it does not point to a location it initiates the download process.

where is the location this points to.

Who is the original author of the doublema indicator that YOU have posted.

Comment

get the new doubleMA posted by ctrlbrk.. it has vwma in it already.

Comment

thanks. difficult to get very far without your help.

Comment

Good morning - to clarify, the link I provided points to a script in our sharing section - this includes already the needed modifications to the DoubleMA you need, so you can review the code and go from there.

Here's the general sharing section link - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ks.php?catid=1

To start developing custom NinjaScript indicators, please check into those tutorials, they should provide a good start - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html

Comment

good morning back. original question was because the doublema i downloaded was posted by Josh so i thought i was asking a question of the developer as you guys recommend.

the original link you sent me just executed and didnt allow me to virus scan the file. thats why i was asking for the actual file location not just the link to execute.

another trader pointed me to the script location so i could download it to a directory prior to unzipping. i run any indicator i download through a virus scan prior to opening it.

i am currently reviewing the tutorials and am doing ok. i found that by developing a strategy you can convert it to an indicator with little modifications and that is a great learning tool.

i also open up existing code to evaluated techniques and as long as you understand the variables and properties section needing to be opened and modified you can build off of that.

thanks for your response, i hope this clarifies. have a great day!

Comment

As Bertrand mentioned, the code is NOT our code. Please see the description category in the file sharing section for each post to see who the original author is.

Comment

Edit the MAV.cs indicator, there are three sections if memory serves you need to add the new Jurik JMA. Under #variables, under onbarupdate there is a case/switch, and under parameters.

It should be fairly obvious how to do so from there. Remember Jurik has more than just Input and Period, there is another component something like Phase, so you'll need to provide that as a static value in the syntax because DoubleMA isn't built to have that as an extra variable without more code change.

Mike

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes