Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zen-Fire Data Feed Question

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie so please excuse my ignorance...

I just signed up for the Zen-Fire demo (I plan on using them when I start trading live etc). I have some general questions about how NT works in conjunction w/ the ZF data feed.

1) I turned off the 'Store real-time bar data' option after reading in the forums that this will help w/ performance. I'm assuming this is because ZF will update the data when requested, is this correct?

2) How do I retrieve all the historical data (for ES) for back-testing? I've tried using the ES 06-09 contract and setting the Range Settings to start on 1998 but it seems to crash NT. If I try to use an older contract is generates an error - something about the NT feed not supported. My goal is to load all the historical tick data for proper testing (maybe going back to '98 is over-kill but though I would try).

Big thanks!

Hello troy_xp,

1. Correct, Zen-Fire will provide access to historical tick and minute data.

2. You would need to merge individual contracts into the current ES contract. Merge the ES 03-08 into he ES 06-08. Subsequently merge the ES 06-08 into the ES 09-08, etc. Please see the instructions to merge contracts at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. To get old contracts in the 'Expiry' list do I need to set my computer clock back (I think I read that in an old forum post).

Comment

That is correct. If you cannot select the desired expiry month, set your PC clock to a date around the expriy date while NinjaTrader is closed.

Comment

Does anyone know how much historical data (tick) Zen-Fire provides?

If it's limited, who is the best provider of historical data? I would like to back-test my systems for as long as possible.

Big Thanks

Comment

I am not sure how much historical tick data Zen-Fire provides access to. However they do not support continuous data as opposed to eSignal and IQFeed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes