Number of contracts per account size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of contracts per account size

I'd like to know if I can set my strategy to enter the market based on a PERCENTAGE of my account size. I saw that it has something similar but, to me at least, it is useless because what I want is for it to take a percentage of my account size an invest it. What I think your current procedure does is to invest the amount one enters as his/her account size all the time. What I'd like is if my account grows, then the percentage should take a position based on the new amount in the account.

lgarcia3, unfortunately not as you can't access your live account info in the strategy. Using the setting 'by account' in the Strategy Analyzer gives you the option to set a virtual account and then the strategy uses this and the margin set for the symbol to calculate the order size - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...AStrategy.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by lgarcia3 View Post
      I'd like to know if I can set my strategy to enter the market based on a PERCENTAGE of my account size.
      We discussed how to do this here:
      Support for the development of custom automated trading strategies using NinjaScript.

Note that you would have to do some programming to implement it and also manually enter your current account balance as a strategy parameter every time you start the strategy, so it isn't that convenient. I wrote something similar, but it wasn't a general solution that would be usable by everyone.

Comment

Thanks, I will hack that code. I think NT needs to address this. Position sizing is a very important component of money management I'd say. I know you cannot access accounts too easily, specially because there are so many brokers; but at least you should be able to handle that in simulation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
        14 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post gentlebenthebear