unable to connect to MBT (demo) data feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to connect to MBT (demo) data feed

I just signed up a demo account with MBT and I entered the username and password during the NT connection setup but then when I tried to connect NT the platform said (the exact message error):

Login failed: MBT Navigator login failed, please check username/password

I checked and re-checked and re-checked it again and I am sure that the un/pw I entered was correct. any idea what's wrong? I am really confused here.

thanks in advance.

Welcome to our support forums schzongx - can you successfully load up the standalone MBT navigator with your username and password? We recommend entering those by hand to prevent extra characters from slipping in by copying.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

yes, I can load MBT Navigator fine with my current un/pw. this is what made me confuse. under normal situation, if I entered wrong un/pw then I should expect a login-fail notice. however, everything is in proper place. what should I do?

thanks

Comment

Please make sure you install the correct MBT navigator version we recommend using in the connection guide - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_MB.htm

Then recheck the entered username / password in the Tools > Account Connections setup and make sure you enter it manually. Then try to reconnect to MBT.

If this still fails, please contact me at support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand so I can test this on my end for you. Thanks!

Comment

OK, now I can login. couldn't be happier than this...

Big THANKS to you Bertrand!

Comment

cannot connect to MBTrading

Hello,
            I have Ninjatrader 7.0.1000.2 installed and the MBT Navigator version 11.5.0.5 working fine. I can connect to the standalone MBT navigator, however when I try to connect Ninjatrader to the MBT data feed, it gives me the error that username/password is incorrect.
            The versions of both are correct as per the instructions on Ninjatrader website and I made sure the user/pass is entered correct.
            Please advise.

Comment

Welcome to our forums - please don't startup the MBT navigator standalone - only connect in NT and let it startup the needed MBT API and navigator window for you - would it then connect?

Comment

It works fine. Thanks for your quick response.

Comment

You're welcome, I'm glad to hear it.

Comment

Similar issue here.

I am also using Ninjatrader 7.0.1000.2 and MBT Navigator version 11.5.0.5. I can connect to the standalone MBT navigator, however when I try to connect Ninjatrader to the MBT data feed it never gets beyond the "Loading account list..." message that appears during connection.

I checked and re-checked passwords and such but I haven't been able to connect NT7 to MBT yet this week.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comment

MiniDowTrader, do you see any error message in the log? Can you please retry with a complete freshly created MBT account connection in NT and then ensure you're not running MBT standalone prior to connecting in NT to your account?

Thanks,

Comment

Bertrand,

I did reload a fresh MBT Navigator this morning.

There is no error message in the log perhaps due to the fact that it I never get past this loading process. I simply exit NT after X amount of wait time.

The last message is "Connecting to NinjaTrader data server." But the "Loading account list..." remains.

Must leave now. Will check back tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, what I meant originally was setting up the MBT account in NinjaTrader fresh and then rechecking. Please let me know how it goes tomorrow and if you're still unable to connect please contact me directly via Help > Mail to Support.

Comment

Still unable to log onto MBT through NT7. Same stall point "Loading account list...".

I can easily log onto MBT Navigator, so account is valid.

Reloaded NT7 (7.0.1000.2) this morning but same result.

No error messages in log. Just stalls until I quit NT7.

Comment

MiniDowTrader, have you tried with the freshly setup MBT account connection as suggested? Are you logged out of MBT Navigator standalone as you try to connect in NT7?

I would also help if you could email me from inside NT7 via Help > Mail to Support so I get access to the logs / traces from your local install for review.

Thanks,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
                              0 responses