Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connecting "unsupported" Broker

Hi

I am using a broker not directly supported by NT and I do not want to change it just to be able to connect to NT. I understand there are e.g. com/dll/.net interframe etc. available - and since my existing broker has an API it should be possible to connect NT somehow? Is it VERY complicated or rather simple (I guess I need to hire a programmer for that kind of task)
    Has anyone experience with that?
    Are there any Technology Partner or who have expertise in that?
    What kind of interface is the fastest or best to use ? Assuming I have the choice?

Greetings Steve

Steve, unfortunately this is not supported, as we don't offer a full blown API. For details of our versatile ATI you can take a look at this - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...heConcept.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What do you mean by "this is not supported" - I do understand that it is "not supported" - I was wondering if a programmer can connect another broker application through your DLL/COM/.NET interfaces - the platform I am using has a full blown api and supports almost anything (vb, excel, c, java etc.) - means it should be possible to use your interfaces as foundation to send orders to my application !

What NT does is basically just generating signals and the scope of the functionality offered by your dll/com/.net-interfaces is enough to place/modify/confirm orders etc.?

Correct me if I got something wrong

greetings Steve

Comment

Steve, sorry if my post was confusing - here's what is possible, you can generate trade signals on other platforms and send them to NinjaTrader via the ATI for execution. What you unfortunately can't do with this is generating signals in NinjaTrader and sending those to unsupported brokers for execution.

Comment

Really? This sounds very disappointing

That means I would have to abandon a very good working platform I am using for several years just to be able to use NT? And the live with the downsides of those...

What do the DLL and COM /.NET interfaces do? I thought they are used to communicate specific commands like buy/sell/update etc generated BY NINJATRADER TO SEND them TO the broker application?! not the other way round??

It seems I do not fully understand how the program /connections are working?! Can you clarify this for me a little more?

How does it work for all the broker you support? Like Trackdata or IB - for them NT ist generating the signals and just sends the according commands via dll or com /.net interface? no? Or is it connected via fix somehow? Why is the same not possible for any another broker with a highly adapatable API for automated Trading? (those guys would probably even program a solution if its them who need to do some programming)

Is there any change in Version 7 of NT? How difficult is it for you to program another very popular Trading platform support into NTt? I was considering buying NT and I even would pay additional for support of my platform if you could integrate it (in case its not possible for any outside programmer as you hinted)...

Comment

Steve, as we don't have a full API you unfortunately can't connect 'your broker' to NinjaTrader, it has to be based on a broker technology officially supported by us. The interfaces are used to execute external trade signals from other platforms in NinjaTrader - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H.../Overview.html

NinjaTrader 7 features will be made available as we start the betaphase, this is scheduled for the end of this quarter.

Comment

Ok thank you for making this clear - I am really a bit disappointed now since I will stick to my other platform (for which I am paying a lot of money per month)
              Maybe NT7 brings some other options.... Can you at least make me some hope or point out if something can be done - there is always a solution.

I am from europe - and very most of the Brokers seem to be from USA - I would expect a worse performance connecting to usa for e.g. trading the german market.

I am also using Trackdata (which is supported and integrated in my exisiting platform)

Is Trackdata just used as Data Provider or is it also one of the brokers you support?

thx

Comment

Steve, I can see your point - we're always looking to expand our connectivity options, unfortunately there's no ETA for specific connections at this time.

You would need to check with the brokers directly and ask where their servers are residing for the various exchanges.

We offer support for TrackData as a datafeed connection - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_TrackData.htm

Comment

I have similar question here. It will be wonderful if NT can provide a way where subscriber can use signal generated from NT and send to a broker that NT does not support. If this is not going to happen in NT 7.0, how does one approach NT to request the addition of a broker? For example, I know a good number of traders who use Genesis, how do I request NT to support Genesis?

Comment

marchrooster, thanks for the suggestion - however there are no changes planned to this approach at this time > signals can be executed to supported brokerage technologies as listed (and growing) here -

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes