Market if touched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market if touched?

Why can NT not have orders for market if touched?
    On T4 you can set limits and stops that trigger if the price is touched.
    Why do I have to wait until it goes through the limit to the next price to get triggered?
    I think that is unfair.
    I set the profit target for 4 point, I have to actually go to 5 points to get 4.

Unfortunately such orders are not supported in the software. It is on our list for features to consider, however there is no ETA yet.

Can you please tell me what type of order you submit in NinjaTrader that only executes after it went 'through' the price. This can occur, but it is not necessary for the order to execute. The order will trigger once the price is hit. During volatile periods, it can occur that once the price is hit and the order is in line to be executed, the price moves further down or up and executes one tick lower/higher.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Limits and stops.
      Not just sometimes, all the time.
      Goes to the price back and forth does not trigger until it goes through.

Comment

What account is traded and what instruments did you trade?

Does it occur when trading the sim101 account?

In addition, what type of internet connection are you using?

Comment

Market if touched would be a great feature. Dorman direct has this feature. I trade the ES futures, and even though it would probably mean filling at a tick or 2 less than my target, it you be a great option to have.

Comment

It happens on both sim and live.
            It goes to the target 20+ times.
            Never triggers the limit.
            I have seen it so many times its not funny anymore.
            Even price wise from the bid/ask it is at the price.
            Its like someone is running the price on the feed one tick back or something and displaying it at another price.

Comment

Originally posted by tradenoob View Post
              Market if touched would be a great feature. Dorman direct has this feature. I trade the ES futures, and even though it would probably mean filling at a tick or 2 less than my target, it you be a great option to have.
              Usually I have found with T4 through Dorman you will not get filled 2 ticks less.
              It is so fast as soon as it touches its filled before the price can even move.
              Also if you didn't want to use Dorman, its actually Cunningham futures who owns T4 and runs it they are an FCM as well.
              Last edited by Mike_32; 05-20-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

What data feed are you connected to; Zen-Fire? Does it occur when connected to the Simulated Data Feed?

In addition, please tell me what kind of internet connection you are using.

Comment

I have 10mbps+ Cable and its connected to ZenFire Live feed.
                  No simulated feed all raw live data.

Comment

Can you please test the Simulated Data Feed and check if the issue persists.

Comment

This happens to me as well. Using stop or limit orders trading futures, as a rule I only get the fill once the price has busted through the stop or limit target. No fill ever when price touches target. So for example if I have a sell stop at 1400 ES, if the the market price rises to 1400, no fill occurs. If the price his 1400.25, then my sell occurs at 1400.00. This goes for ES and TF. The NT support person posting here makes out like that would be abnormal system behavior. Is it?

Comment

Originally posted by mrkicks View Post
                        This happens to me as well. Using stop or limit orders trading futures, as a rule I only get the fill once the price has busted through the stop or limit target. No fill ever when price touches target. So for example if I have a sell stop at 1400 ES, if the the market price rises to 1400, no fill occurs. If the price his 1400.25, then my sell occurs at 1400.00. This goes for ES and TF. The NT support person posting here makes out like that would be abnormal system behavior. Is it?
                        Trade-through before fill is the normal market behavior on limit orders, especially on futures, where the bid/ask spread is often 1 tick. Very occasionally, I have been filled when touched, but that is almost always when I placed the order veeeeery long before it was reached. (I guess that means that I was first in the queue when the price got to my order?)

Comment

thanks thats basically what I thought. Question for you though my friend.....I've done chatroom things were i've watched some real pros get the "matching high", double top price fill. (or at least claim to) Any idea how they do that? Are they using different software?

Comment

Originally posted by mrkicks View Post
                            thanks thats basically what I thought. Question for you though my friend.....I've done chatroom things were i've watched some real pros get the "matching high", double top price fill. (or at least claim to) Any idea how they do that? Are they using different software?
                            There is software that is capable of placing market if touched orders. That is probably what they are using; which also means that they are not usually getting the Limit price, just getting into the position at whatever price they can get. Keep a good eye on the price they stated the order was placed at, and compare it to the price that the order was actually filled. It will often not be the same, unless it was a true Limit order: MIT orders rarely fill at the MIT price.

MIT orders can actually be coded in NT, by using a function that is called in the OnMarketData() event.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post DJ888
                            by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes