Trade Visualizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Visualizations

I like seeing the Trade Visualizations (as selected in the chart Properties), but sometimes the charts get a little cluttered.

What I would like to be able to do is to use the setting of Plot Executions = MarkersOnly, but have a way to see the trade detail on an on-request basis.

There are a number of ways to implement a user interface for requesting a display of the trade data, such as:
    1. Hovering the mouse over the little blue or magenta triangle marker and displaying the data in a small pop-up window.
    2. Placing the crosshairs over the triangle marker.
    3. Clicking on the triangle marker.
    4. etc.
    5. Or, displaying the trade info at the bottom of bar-info pop-up which gets displayed by using a middle-click on the chart.
    6. etc.
    And, however the NinjaTrader developers decide to implement such an interface will be fine with me... thanks.

Hi KBJ,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward your suggestion on to our development team for further consideration.

In the mean time, you can use the data box to display more information about the execution. For more information about the data box, please see the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...niDataBox.html
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Good idea.

But I don't see that either of the Data Box and Mini Data Box gives any information about trades done, so to see this information I still have to leave the Trade Visualizations turned on.

I would like to see trade entry/exit data displayed in the Data Box and Mini Data Box if the mouse pointer is placed on a bar where a trade began or ended.

And it would be nice to see a little more data about the trade than just the number of contracts bought/sold at whatever price and the type of fill (entry/stop/target). In addition, how about displaying realized/unrealized profit in dollars and ticks, the signalName (if any), and if a trade is being ended show the entry time and number of bars the trade lasted for. It wouldn't clutter the chart if displayed in a separate [Mini] Data Box.

Comment

Hello KBJ,

When setting 'Plot executions' to 'MarkersOnly' and moving the cursor on a marker will display execution information in the Data Box on my end. Do you experience the same? Or do you like to see such information in the Data Box when 'Plot executions' is set to 'DoNotPlot'?

I will forward your suggestion to include extended trade information in the Data Box to our development team as well.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

That's not what I'm seeing when I put the mouse pointer over a bar which has a trade execution marker on it and click the middle mouse button - I get the same data as for bars where no trades were entered/exited.

I checked both the Data Box and the Mini Data Box, and neither displays trade executions. This was with Plot Executions = MarkersOnly.

Can you show me a screen snapshot of how this works?

Thanks.

Comment

You will only see information in the DataBox when hovering your mouse on the marker itself.

Let me know if this is not the case.

Comment

[quote=NinjaTrader_Jason;96638]You will only see information in the DataBox when hovering your mouse on the marker itself.quote]

Jason,

I got it to work by hovering the mouse over the uparrow or downarrow at the entry or exit on the bar of the trade. So this does work for the databox.

It does not work if hovering over the triangle at the entry/exit bar, and anywhere else on the bar it doesn't display trade executions.

Also, here's a bug ... when there is more than one execution for a bar, it only seems to show the first one. For instance, I have a short for two contracts, and it says it sold (2), and when I close the position, on the chart it says "Stop1 @ 1476.50" and "Stop2 @ 1476.50", but it only shows the one that says "Stop1" in the data box (see screen shot.)

I don't generally use the DataBox (screen real estate issues). Is there any way that the middle-click (Mini Data Box) could be made to show the trade action, quantity, price, time and name if there's a trade on the bar?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello KBJ,

I will forward your suggestion to include order information as per the second order executed on the same price bar as well as the option to include order information in the mini Data Box to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Tim-c
                by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM