X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNable to connect to GAIN

Hi i am unable to connect to GAIN using my ninjatrader

error message is :

Failed to connect to the Rates interface: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time

and even when it connects i have having problem sustaining the connection.

always says Gain Rate feed connection lost then reconnects then lost then reconnects almost every single minute happening for two days already.

Only happens on LIVE mode, DEMO mode is good.

I have re installed the ninjatrader, microsoft frame network , restarted multiple times to no avail.

also tried to change the account connections "Multiple connections" also doesn't work ....

Chatted with GAIN Capital they said their side is good.

Pls help

neshdra, welcome to our support forums! Which NinjaTrader version are you running? You can check this under Help > About. Also please do not enabled 'Multiple Connections' in your account connection setup. It would be best when I test the connection on my end for you, for this please contact me at support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this thread. Thanks!
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_Bertrand

i was using 6.5.1000.9 then upgraded to 6.5.1000.10 but still can't work. But for some reason now its working. But pls help to check the connection.
      i already send u a support mail.

Maybe its my ISP provider but again my friend who uses the same ISP provide did not have any problem.....and my internet was working fine. I hope it doesn't happen again . Also thanks for replying my mail.

Comment

I have a similar problem yesterday (Thursday), it kept on cutting out, when i did connect it did'nt last. Today, Friday 22nd May no connection:

This is my screen shot:

I know other traders who use Gain who had no problems yesterday. I have not changed any aettings on my Ninjatrader. I'm in London I don't know whether connection is based on location.

Comment

Welcome to our forums pip_gmt - checked my connection here and it works fine. If you contact me at support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand I can test it on my end for you.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Its been all ok since tuesday, still it disconnectd every now and then despite my internet working fine as usual.

Thanks Bertrand

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.
              The common problems that contribute to this are:
              - ISP issues
              - hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently
              - Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.
              - With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections
              - Broker servers having problems
              - Satellite and wireless connections
              DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post PaulMohn  
              Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM