NT doesn't close completely.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT doesn't close completely.

Many times when I exit NT, the application does not close completely, it happens most of the time, but not all the time. The NT windows are closed, but NinjaTrader.exe continues to run in the background as seen in the Task Manager, and I either have to close it manually or restart the computer. This prevents me from restarting the application because there is another instance running. I noticed that this started to happen after upgrading to 6.5.1000.9. Is this a known issue? I know that 6.5.1000.10 is now available, but I didn't see this issue resolved in the release notes so I haven't upgraded to it yet. Thanks.
    Last edited by antonio; 05-21-2009, 07:27 AM.

Hello Antonio,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please try the following steps:
    • Terminate the NinjaTrader.exe process in the Windows Task manager under the Processes-tab.
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista). You will save all settings, since these are located at My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5 and will remain unaffected.
    • Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.10 at the link below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

Once NinjaTrader is installed, please reboot your PC once more and check if the issue persists.

If so, please tell me if you exit the software, while still connected and provide me the exact steps how you shut down NinjaTrader.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

RJStein, thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, the problem still occurs even after following your instructions. I think it may have something to do with closing NinjaTrader after the PC was in standby mode. The problem occurs frequently, but not all the time. I'm not going to worry about this issue anymore because it isn't that big of a deal - just a little annoying. Thanks again.

Comment

it happens to me too, a fresh install did the trick

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
        Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
        0 responses