Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware

Well 3 days into this nightmare http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ght=rightcoast

I have decided to publicly post my findings in reference to IB's TWS and
    NT platform. Specifically NYMEX contracts CL,HO and RB. No matter what we try to do, NT will continue to display these contracts incorrectly.
    if you buy CL 07-09 ON TWS, it will display a long position on NT in CL 06-09. Simply because July contracts expire on June 30th. IB made this change most likely for compliance reasons, afterall they are a broker and therefore must answer to a higher authority.

Some users have mentioned that TWS build 890 does not have this problem but IB only supports the latest 2-3 versions of there workstations. "Support" is a very grey area, so I posed a question...
    If I download an older version say 890, which IB does not allow you to download (unsupported). And I drop $$ autotrading, the first question they will ask you is "what version of TWS are you running sir?" and you
    will quickly see that you are out of luck.

Nt recommends and directs you to use TWS 892.7, which I have been using to describe this whole mess. For 3 days now I have been logging on and off, reloading instruments etc etc. Bottom line is NT should stand up and admit or @ least warn there customers that this platform will not accurately monitor the contacts in question. Aferall NT is a "vendor" and no "Broker" is going to change anything to accomodate them.

I know your working hard to get NT7 out but I think by now NT realizes that this issue is real and that you should be straight with your customers and stop sending them on a wild goose chase.

Thanks for your heads up.

This is a TWS bug acknowledged by IB support and not a NT bug. IB announced that issue as being fixed for TWS 894. However, customers reported on that forum that it's not and also reported about mail traffic they had with IB support where a fix was announced "for a later TWS 894 version". Unfortunately I don't have the right forum link at hand right now...

Comment

Please see the forum thread below.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dierk,

I have been emailing back and fourth with your support area for 3 days.
        IB seems in no rush to address the issue, again your the vendor. NT
        should be working on this problem and @ least post something, possibly a
        warning about such "bugs". As far as IB is concerned, there doing everything according to regulations. Maybe NT and every vendor should consider keeping there platform up to date with the most updated (ie supported) versions of TWS= protect your customers. ONe thing is certain, IB blames you, NT blames IB and ME SOL.

Comment

Guys thats the point im trying to make, Jason I appreciate your help but your pointing me to the link I referenced and pasted to my original inquiry on the 19th. We have officially gone full circle....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post TraderBCL  
          Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post martin70