2 instances running on 2PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 instances running on 2PC?

Hello, I have a full multibroker license.

Is it possible to run NT with broker connection active (and real trading active) on one PC

and have NT running at the same time on a second PC , but without connection to a real broker, just connected to simulated data feed?

I would like to do some testing on the second PC (with the likelyhood of crashing NT) without compromising my real trading with open positions on the principal PC.
    (On the second PC I have the same serial number and since it is my laptop I would like to do real trading on it also, offcourse only when the main PC has no connected NT running)

Please explain your licensing model

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas, unfortunately you can only run one instance of NinjaTrader per live license. So for your testing, you could use the simulation license and for your live trading on the second pc the live license key.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand, if I understand correctly, I can have a copy of NT installed on multiple PCs, each copy of NT with the same single-user live license key, and then have only one instance of NT running at any one time.

For example, use my single-user key on the home PC when I'm home and then the same key on the laptop when I'm traveling. Correct?

Comment

Correct lself.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you have two instances running on the same PC as the same user, with different licenses?

I ask because I already have a live version and I'd like to download a free sim to try a couple of things. I can tell the install to put it somewhere other than programfiles/nt 6.5, but during the installation it tells me that I have a particular workspace file in use (I deliberately left my live one running to see if there was a conflict) This means it's going for the My Documents / NT 6.5 dir. Is there a way to set a different dir there? If not, you'd have to do it as a different user, which is quite a hassle if you want to work on both at the same time.

thanks
          Dave

Comment

Hello Dave1992,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to run two instances of NinjaTrader on the same PC.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello Dave1992,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to run two instances of NinjaTrader on the same PC.
              Can you please tell me why you couldn't run as two different users?

Comment

Hi Dave1992,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of the specifics. Suffice it to say, this is not supported.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                166 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post sidlercom80  
                Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
                0 responses
                1 view