Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulator for Stock trades

Hi-

I use Mirus Futures as my sole brokerage account. Mirus does not offer STOCK data. I also use Barchart.com as my data feed for stocks. However, Barchart.com is the second connection.

However, I am trying to run some automated strategies for STOCKS in simulation mode and I am unable to because Mirus is the "first/primary" connection.

If I move Mirus to the second position then it appears that I am no longer able to receive futures data from them for my live trading.

How can I test out stock strategies in simulation mode using Barchart.com without interrupting my data feed from Mirus Futures?

Hello monti1a,

When using the Zen-Fire - BarChart connection sequence, NinjaTrader will retrieve stock data from BarChart. I tested it on my end and it worked as expected. Can you please restart NinjaTrader, connect to Zen-Fire first and BarChart second. Select a stock in the Control Center and check if you receive data.

Create a chart for the stock you intend to trade using your automated strategy and check if the requested data is present in the chart.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello monti1a,

When using the Zen-Fire - BarChart connection sequence, NinjaTrader will retrieve stock data from BarChart. I tested it on my end and it worked as expected. Can you please restart NinjaTrader, connect to Zen-Fire first and BarChart second. Select a stock in the Control Center and check if you receive data.

Create a chart for the stock you intend to trade using your automated strategy and check if the requested data is present in the chart.
      Jason-

Edit: I am not having problems pulling up stock data through the chart.
      Please read the error message below.

The error message I received yesterday was:

" 5/21/2009 11:55:51 AM Order Order a970c17428b6452daf21ef60aa98a501' can't be submitted: Instrument type 'Stock' is not supported by primary connection. Simulation only supports instrument types supported through the first connection established."

This order was placed from the Control Center for account "SIM101". It appears that the simulator will not accept orders if the data feed is not coming from the first connection. Is this correct?
      Last edited by monti1a; 05-22-2009, 05:55 AM.

Comment

That is correct. In that case, unfortunately you will need to connect to BarChart first.

Comment

That is correct. In that case, unfortunately you will need to connect to BarChart first.

If I move Mirus to the second position then it appears that I am no longer able to receive futures data from them for my live trading.

Comment

Unfortunately this is as expected.

NinjaTrader will retrieve data from the first connection. Only when the first connection does not support an instrument type (stock, future, inex, forex), NinjaTrader will retrieve data from the second connection. As you can see at the link below, BarChart supports futures data.

Comment

Unfortunately this is as expected.

NinjaTrader will retrieve data from the first connection. Only when the first connection does not support an instrument type (stock, future, inex, forex), NinjaTrader will retrieve data from the second connection. As you can see at the link below, BarChart supports futures data.
              http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html
              Jason-

I'm a little confused.

1.) I have Barchart.com in the first position. I only have a STOCK subscription with barchart which means the first position is only receiving stock data.

2.) I have Mirus Futures in the second position. Mirus is a futures only broker which does not transmit stock data.

3.) When Mirus futures is in the second position, I am not able to receive any futures data from them whatsoever.

Now, I have a "Multi-Broker Edition" subscription of Ninjatrader, which should mean that it shouldn't matter whether Mirus is in the first or second position. Ninjatrader should still be able to receive futures data from Mirus irregardless of which position it is in.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a progam flaw with ninjatrader which prevents me from receiving futures data from Mirus when it is in the second position?

Comment

The multi broker license will allow you to connect to multiple broker technologies to trade multiple accounts. It does not mean you will receive futures data from Zen-Fire regradless of its connection position.

Unfortunately there is no futures data retrieved from Zen-Fire when using the Barhart - Zen-Fire sequence, since NinjaTrader will retrieve it from BarChart, which is not enabled.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rtwave
                by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                7 responses