Parameters EOD Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parameters EOD Exit

I have my EODExit set to 155500 (3:55PM), but the backtest results show the exit as 4:00 PM.

a) how can I make sure I am out at 3:55 when I go live? (is my strategy set up correctly?)

b) does Ninja use my computers clock for the time, or my brokers time to execute the close?

thanks,

Bruce (newbie at automated trading)

a. You likely submitted your trade at 3:55. In backtesting, a submission on a closed bar can only be executed at the open of the next bar which means 4:00 if you are on 5min charts. In real-time if you use CalculateOnBarClose = false then it will submit it at the next tick which will be ~3:55.

b. It uses your chart's timestamps. Whether this is locally timestamped or natively done by your brokerage depends on which brokerage you are using.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      a. You likely submitted your trade at 3:55. In backtesting, a submission on a closed bar can only be executed at the open of the next bar which means 4:00 if you are on 5min charts. In real-time if you use CalculateOnBarClose = false then it will submit it at the next tick which will be ~3:55.

b. It uses your chart's timestamps. Whether this is locally timestamped or natively done by your brokerage depends on which brokerage you are using.
      Thanks Josh;
      I am using 15 minute bars; so what do I need to do to close at 3:55?
      My broker is TDAmeritrade; their rep said the time is based on their system; not sure he knows what he's talking about... can you confirm? thanks

Comment

TDA bars are timestamped locally by your PC clock in NinjaTrader.

In backtesting you likely do not have the granularity for a 3:55 exit. In real-time you just want to run with CalcualteOnBarClose = false and then you can place the exit when your PC clock says 3:55.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes