Open positions in Ninjatrader but not live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open positions in Ninjatrader but not live

I have open positions in Ninjatrader, while the live position is already flat.
    The same strategy is started more times, is this a problem?
    Here is what i did with my script:

/// Called on each bar update event (incoming tick)
    /// </summary>
    protected override void OnBarUpdate()
    {
    if (Historical)return;
    #region init
    // Make sure this strategy does not execute against historical data, unless we're backtesting
    //if (Historical && !backTest)
    if (Historical)
    return;

I also enabled 'Wait until flat before executing live' at Tools-->Options-->Strategy-tab, but that didn't help.

daxtrading,

I am not exactly sure what you are asking. Please explain what you mean by "same strategy is started more times". Thank you.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      daxtrading,

I am not exactly sure what you are asking. Please explain what you mean by "same strategy is started more times". Thank you.
      At the same time my strategy is running for several live-accounts.
      I use NinjaTrader and Interactive Brokers.

Comment

Okay. I am still not understanding what your question is asking about. If you send to separate accounts it will handle each strategy's orders separately.

Comment

Okay. I am still not understanding what your question is asking about. If you send to separate accounts it will handle each strategy's orders separately.
          For example:
          I have strategy named A 3 times running on different accounts.
          NinjaTrader does the job well.
          The only thing is, when NinjaTrader closed the livetrades, there are still positions in Ninjatrader.

Comment

Strategies only close positions related to that instance of the strategy. Any manual trades you do will not be touched.

Comment

Strategies only close positions related to that instance of the strategy. Any manual trades you do will not be touched.
              I do not understand you.
              There is no manual trading, just autotrading via strategy, so why are the positon in NinjaTrader not closed?

Comment

Not following you daxtrading. Only positions opened by a strategy will be closed by a strategy IF the strategy is told to exit them. If the strategy does not process an exit signal then the positions will remain.

Comment

Not following you daxtrading. Only positions opened by a strategy will be closed by a strategy IF the strategy is told to exit them. If the strategy does not process an exit signal then the positions will remain.
                  Thats is not true, strategy has sent out limit and stoporder and trade was finished, but still open in position, ask Jason.

Comment

daxtrading,

If you are referring to a previous case please mention that at the start. From the given information here we have no idea what you are talking about or that you are working with someone else on this case.

If you are already working with Jason I suggest you continue to work with him through that channel.

Trades generated by a strategy will be closed by the strategy when told to. Any position you may have had beforehand is NOT handled or accounted for by a strategy. "Wait until flat" does NOT influence anything in regards to prior positions. It just means your strategy will not place any live trades until it sees itself in a flat strategy position. A strategy position is very different from an account position. Please review this article: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4033

Comment

daxtrading,

If you are referring to a previous case please mention that at the start. From the given information here we have no idea what you are talking about or that you are working with someone else on this case.

If you are already working with Jason I suggest you continue to work with him through that channel.

Trades generated by a strategy will be closed by the strategy when told to. Any position you may have had beforehand is NOT handled or accounted for by a strategy. "Wait until flat" does NOT influence anything in regards to prior positions. It just means your strategy will not place any live trades until it sees itself in a flat strategy position. A strategy position is very different from an account position. Please review this article: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4033
                      Ok, sorry for that, but it was Jason that recommended to ask for a solution on this forum.

Comment

Please provide some background information for what you believe is the issue then.

I suggest you first try just one strategy on one account. Start the strategy only from a flat account state and then see how it behaves as you stop the strategy before closing the strategy position and also how it behaves as you stop the strategy after the strategy position was closed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post PaulMohn  
                        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes