"Wait while Windows Configures Ninja Trader 6.5"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Wait while Windows Configures Ninja Trader 6.5"

I get a dialog every time I start Ninja, that says "please wait while Windows configures Ninja Trader 6.5". I see a progress bar go by a few times, and then Ninja comes up, but says "Cannot connect to license servers". The control center comes up, and none of my connections are available. If I close and restart Ninja, it goes through the same "please wait while Windows configures Ninja Trader 6.5" thing again, but this time the license goes through fine and my connections are there.

Anybody know what is going on? I installed NT 6.5 for the first time on a brand new Windows Vista machine.

Originally posted by Prospectus View Post
    I get a dialog every time I start Ninja, that says "please wait while Windows configures Ninja Trader 6.5". I see a progress bar go by a few times, and then Ninja comes up, but says "Cannot connect to license servers". The control center comes up, and none of my connections are available. If I close and restart Ninja, it goes through the same "please wait while Windows configures Ninja Trader 6.5" thing again, but this time the license goes through fine and my connections are there.

Anybody know what is going on? I installed NT 6.5 for the first time on a brand new Windows Vista machine.
    Hello Prospectus,

Thank you for your post.

The most common reason is that a firewall, antivirus or other protection software on your PC or on the network your computer is on is preventing NinjaTrader from accessing our license servers.

Please disable any antivirusl firewalls or other protection software and then restart NinjaTrader and see if it works. If yes, you just need to add ninjatrader.com to the exception list (safe list) for your firewall software.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninja Trader is already added to my firewall software. It doesn't work the first time I start NT and then will work the second time. I have to start it, wait for it to fail, exit, and then start it again for it to choose simulation only and then load up properly. I still get the installation dialog each time, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Prospectus View Post
        Ninja Trader is already added to my firewall software. It doesn't work the first time I start NT and then will work the second time. I have to start it, wait for it to fail, exit, and then start it again for it to choose simulation only and then load up properly. I still get the installation dialog each time, though.
        Hello Prospectus,

Thank you for your reply.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
        • Close all running applications.
        • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
        • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
        • Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 6.5" located under Start --> My Documents.
        • Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
        • Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
        • Reboot your machine.
          Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...rent_users.htm

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Followed all of those steps. Reinstalled, and I still get the "Please wait while windows configures Ninja Trader 6.5" dialog.

I'm running Vista home basic, SP1, with .NET framework 3.5 SP1.

Comment

Hello Prospectus,

Can you please send me your latest log and trace files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20090527 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20090527 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please include 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

In addition, can you please confirm you installed NinjaTrader as admin.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 05-27-2009, 03:40 AM.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sent the message as instructed. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post geddyisodin  
              Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post hazylizard