multiple live data question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple live data question

I am using PATS as live feed from my broker. As it turns out their volume data is insufficient for my needs. Can I add amd run esignal live and still trade ?.

Originally posted by drago1 View Post
    I am using PATS as live feed from my broker. As it turns out their volume data is insufficient for my needs. Can I add amd run esignal live and still trade ?.
    Hello Drago1,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can connect to eSignal for historical data and PatSystems for live data.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to eSignal.
    Click here to take me to the eSignal Connection Guide

More information on using multiple connections here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I'm using PATs as well (with MF Global). Is it possible to use Tradestation as a backup/secondary data feed provider and the PATs connection as the main connection (for orders)? I've reviewed the help section on multiple connections, and that would imply that this is possible.

I've tried connecting to PATs first, and then "External Feed" (for tradestation), but I get an error message stating that I have to close all other connections before connecting to an external feed.

In the account connection setup for Pats, I've specified "External Feed" as the backup datafeed. However, the help information implies that, in order for automatic rollover to a backup feed to work, you need to establish connections to both your primary and secondary connections. Then, if the primary fails, the secondary is already connected. This won't work if both Pats and Tradestation (via external feed) are not allowed to be connected at the same time.

Is there any way to use Tradestation as a backup data feed provider? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
      Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post xiinteractive