Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Computer crashes - what happens to strategies and positions in ninja?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer crashes - what happens to strategies and positions in ninja?

What typically does ninjatrader do (when u have strategies running live) should vista crash or go into sleep mode? All strategies get closed? Anyone experience funny things with mystery (eg. end of day) executions etc?

I also noticed that when i start a new strategy which would have gone 1 unit long say, 2 hours ago, the strategy thinks it has a position although of course in the Positions tab, it registers a zero position (since the strategy wasn't running then).

I am currently running in Zenfire demo mode so am just checking if that also happens when run with a live accountas well? So does everybody who experiences this then have to initiate the position in the market via a manual buy? If not, and if the strategy goes from a long to a short, the strategy may then short 2 units thinking that it was long 1 unit from an earlier position?

anothertoy, yes the strategies would be terminated then - our upcoming NinjaTrader 7 will offer options to enhance strategy persistence across sessions.

What you see is the historical strategy position, which you would need to replicate manually in your live account to be in proper synching...or you wait with the live execution until your strategy is in a flat state. Those settings can be adjusted under Tools > Options > Strategies > NinjaScript - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tegiesTab.html

Here's another helpful link - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tPosition.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In options>strategies>ninjascript, i have the "Immediately submit live working historical orders" checked but with my Zenfire demo account, the orders are not sent and reflected in Positions. Is this correct?

Comment

Working historical orders are orders that would be in a working state as you restart your strategy. When you restart your strategy the strategy needs to recalculate itself based on historical data. If it determines it has a strategy position and that there were some working orders then it would submit those orders as live orders.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm not sure if I understand. So why hasn't it submitted the orders as live orders?

Comment

I understand that it will show historical orders in the strategies tab but not in the positions tab but with the "live order" field checked in strategies>ninjascript, i thought it would send the order as live. Is it because I have a zenfire demo account?

Comment

Historical orders are NOT live orders. Only WORKING orders will be submitted IF it is still determined to be in a working state as the strategy starts.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes