Bracket order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bracket order?

I'm not sure if that is what this is called, but I would like to be able to do the following:

Say I would like to short with my stop at 95.50 and price is at 91.00 I would like to be "stopped in" and have a limit 3 ticks under the last price so that I may follow price up, and enter if it pulls back the 3 ticks. For example price moves from 91 to 93, then pulls back to 92.25, where my short is filled and my stop is still at 95.5. So they actual size of the stop would vary depending on when my entry (3 ticks behind price ) is filled.

Thanks, sorry I do not know the technical terms.

Originally posted by jonbig04 View Post
    I'm not sure if that is what this is called, but I would like to be able to do the following:

Say I would like to short with my stop at 95.50 and price is at 91.00 I would like to be "stopped in" and have a limit 3 ticks under the last price so that I may follow price up, and enter if it pulls back the 3 ticks. For example price moves from 91 to 93, then pulls back to 92.25, where my short is filled and my stop is still at 95.5. So they actual size of the stop would vary depending on when my entry (3 ticks behind price ) is filled.

Thanks, sorry I do not know the technical terms.
    Hello,

Thank you for your note.

1.) You can use a Stop-Limit order to enter a limit after the stop is hit.
    Order Submission in SuperDOM: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ingOrders.html

2.) We have a chase feature for your entry order to chase the price. More information here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...AutoChase.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, what if my mouse doesn't have a scroll wheel

Comment

Thank you, what if my mouse doesn't have a scroll wheel
        I think that cheapest and easiest solution would be to get a new mouse.
        Anyway that middle button requirement is little "inconvenient" when using notebook.

Comment

Got the new mouse and it works fine.

I'm still a little unclear on the stop limit order, I think I'm just getting lost in the terminology.

My first step would be to place a limit at a level, and then right click to chase after touch. This makes sense, but how would I accomplish setting the stop order at a certain price as soon as that trade triggers?

Example: stop stays at 905, price chases starting at 900 and eventually gets fill at 903. The stop is now 2ES. If the chase had been filled at 904 the stop would be 1 ES.

Comment

Hello,

If I follow you, when you place an order you can have an ATM selected and that ATM will be applied to the order you are placing.
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
              Hello,

If I follow you, when you place an order you can have an ATM selected and that ATM will be applied to the order you are placing.

Hmm basically I would like to have the stop loss at a certain price, not a certain amount of ticks from my entry. I think thats my dilemma.

Comment

You can enter your stop loss and profit target using price as well.
                Right click in the SuperDOM and select Properties. Set 'Parameter type' to 'Price'.

Setup a new ATM strategy. Enter the prices you like the stop loss and profit target to be submitted at.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  You can enter your stop loss and profit target using price as well.
                  Right click in the SuperDOM and select Properties. Set 'Parameter type' to 'Price'.

Setup a new ATM strategy. Enter the prices you like the stop loss and profit target to be submitted at.

Perfect! So all I have to do is create a new ATM strategy before each entry which is no big deal.

The only problem now is that using the chase feature, is there a way to stay 2 ticks behind the last? From what I've seen, its stays one tick behind.

Comment

Perfect! So all I have to do is create a new ATM strategy before each entry which is no big deal.

The only problem now is that using the chase feature, is there a way to stay 2 ticks behind the last? From what I've seen, its stays one tick behind.
                    Unfortunately the chase only works 1 tick away from the last price.
                    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Waxavi
                    by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                    0 responses