atm strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atm strategy

I am having problem constructing the ATM strategy that I want. This is what I want. First I use the revere on stop function a lot, however the problem I am having is that this function only reverse at the original location of my stop. If I were to move my stop, the function would not reverse my position at this new location. How do I get Ninjatrader to reverse my position at the current location of my stop?

Also I want my strategy to move my stop one time before finaly moving it to breakeven. for example, If x target is reached move stop to breakeven -x ticks. When a second target is reached move stop to break even. how do configure these ?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) I tested and the reverse at stop still applied when I modified the price of the stop. For example, I was long 1 and with "Reverse at stop" enabled, my stop was for 2 contracts even when I adjusted it.
    --What happens in your case? Does the stop stay at 2 contracts?

2.) What you need to do is set up your breakeven as "Profit trigger: "x" and "Plus:" to "-x"
    After this, you have to set up your trailing stop to bring your stop to break even.
    So, it would be "Stop loss" = (second target ) "Profit trigger" = (second target)
    If you do NOT want the stop to trail, you can set the Frequency to a very high value such as 999.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post rdtdale
    by rdtdale

Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM