Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

1000 tick bars....tick counting to new price ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 tick bars....tick counting to new price ?

I hope i can explain this well..... i'm using 1000 tick bars, but i think this question applies to any bar setup....i'm trying to see if there's a way to 'count ticks' until a new price is reached (not to be confused with a tick counter.) meaning, if the ES price ticks up to 900.25, and then ticks up to 900.50 and then proceeds to tick back and forth between 00.25 and 00.50 several or even 10-20 times w/o reaching 00.75.....is there a price action counter ( i made that up ) that can count the # of times the price ticks back and forth w/o making a new high on that given bar ? ( or low ) i ask b/c in watching the ES, and i suspect any price action, i get the feeling that if price pushes up to a point and then goes back and forth, up and down 1 tick, several times....i get the feeling it's not going to push through. It seems like the longer it takes to 'thrust' through the next tick the less likely it's going to do so...
    Any thoughts or suggestions ? Is there another method of gaging strength or weakness in the price thrusting up and down ? is there a quick volume indicator that can show something like i've attempted to describe ?
    many thanks in advance !
    rk

Hello,

You will just have to code and track where price has been and how many times using comparisons of the current price and stored past prices. This link may help:
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Code and track....

Ben - thanks for your reply and suggestion(s). I'm quite novice, especially @ coding.... could you break down what you meant, and what the outcome would look like, please ( at about a 5th grade level for me ) Would this be something i would see on the price chart...? Any suggestions / directions on where / how to start coding...? Many thanks, rk

Comment

Hello,

You may want to check out our power volume indicators first though:

I'm sorry I can't code it for you. You will need to work out the logic on your own and post code and questions when you have them.

A good starting point would be to look at the VOL indicator: Tools>Edit>Indicator.

Or have a NinjaScript consultant help you:
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, Today, 09:53 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM