order pending, then hardware failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order pending, then hardware failure

Let's say I have a order pending to go long in ES with an ATM strat for profit target of 1 point, and a stop loss of 3 points. As price nears my limit buy order, my power dies, and I have no way to get online. As I understand it, my pending order will still hold true as it is at the exchange, but If ninjatrader is not running, my ATM strat will not be implemented once it is filled, therefor leaving me in the market with no stop or target...completely naked.

Is this correct?

Hello,

To answer this you need to view this link:
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

Usually whatever state it is in at the exchange at the time of the outage, is the state it will stay in. Also, review this link:
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. those 2 links were to the same page.

This is as I suspected. Let's say it was an internet blip and I was back connected to zen-fire within 30 seconds or so, but in that 30 seconds the limit order filled, would my ATM strat activate once I was connected back to zen-fire?

Comment

Hello tradenoob,

Yes, your ATM strategy will trigger once NinjaTrader re-connects and receives the entry order execution.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:22 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes