Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Not Updating

Hi
    On My Screen I Have About 4 Charts Open (futures , Different Time Frame) At The Same Time ,if I Open One More Or Change One Of The Existing Charts For Stocks Like Csco / Cost My Future Charts Work Just Fine But My Stock Chart Will Freze Once In 2 Or 3 Minutes My Bid/ask On The Chart Work Fine Just The Bars On The Chart Will Freeze ,it Never Happens On Furture Charts But Only On Stock And If I Look At My T&s It Wont Update And Keep Repeating The Same Last Number And The Last Time When That Transaction Took Place ,my Broker Is Inter Active Brokers,any Suggestions?

Thank You

Originally posted by saeed View Post
    Hi
    On My Screen I Have About 4 Charts Open (futures , Different Time Frame) At The Same Time ,if I Open One More Or Change One Of The Existing Charts For Stocks Like Csco / Cost My Future Charts Work Just Fine But My Stock Chart Will Freze Once In 2 Or 3 Minutes My Bid/ask On The Chart Work Fine Just The Bars On The Chart Will Freeze ,it Never Happens On Furture Charts But Only On Stock And If I Look At My T&s It Wont Update And Keep Repeating The Same Last Number And The Last Time When That Transaction Took Place ,my Broker Is Inter Active Brokers,any Suggestions?

Thank You
    Hello saeed,

Thank you for your post.

It seems as though something is affecting the performance of your PC causing the data to lag or pause. I have included a link below that goes over performance tips to help with overall performance of NinjaTrader.

Also please be sure you are using standalone TWS 892 which is required with the current production release of NinjaTrader. I have included a link below to our Connection Guide that includes a download link for the proper TWS.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i did every thing you told me and still not woriking ,but no other chart is like that i meanfuture charts are perfect and if it was my pc or my brokerage firm it should be on all the charts not nly on the stock's chart .
      could that be the result of not having a historical data more than one year which my brokerage firm provides? today from 12:30 pm my chart start freezing for almos 2 minutes each time and my time/sale keeps posting the last price blocked .....is there any thign else you can help me with because i need to fix this problem for my trading.

thanx

Comment

saeed, thanks for the reply - please contact us with your trace and logs so we can investigate closer. You can do so by using the Help > Mail to Support feature in the software. Thanks!
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi

thank you for your concern i have emailed you guys and just for you to know this morning i only opened 2 chartsfo csco at 6:31 i entered an order on super dome and went through no problem but my chart went into freezing mode till 6:52am when i am writing you this reply!!!! on my level II
          last price is still what it shows on the chart but bid and ask are updated constantly,i need to fix this with your help thank you.

Comment

i can't send you an email from the help menu it just freezes and shut's down i will send you manually from my email and i attache the account.

Comment

i can't send you an email from the help menu it just freezes and shut's down i will send you manually from my email and i attache the account.
              Hello saeed,

Please send your trace and log files to support at sign ninjatrader dot com Attn: Chris in the subject.

Trace file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Trace-> trace.20090602.txt
              Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Log->log.20090602.txt

I look forward to assisting you with this issue.

Comment

finally i did send the email for you guys from control center i hope you got it.if not let me know so i can try your way to send it to you

Comment

hi

i still have the same problem i did what ever you guys asked me to but it still get stuck what's going on?

Comment

hi

i still have the same problem i did what ever you guys asked me to but it still get stuck what's going on?

Hello saeed,

Thank you for your reply.

Please close all open workspaces by going to the Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Close

After closing all open workspaces please create a new workspace by going to the Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->New Workspace

Within the new workspace please open a new chart with no template applied and let me know if the issue persists.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                    Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                    13 responses
                    0 likes