Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping charts upto date

Hi,
    please bare with me, very new user of Ninja.

At this time I have TT feed for Ninja, am I correct in thinking I need to open the software first thing in the morning (5am to 6am) when I get up to load enough data to get my indicators fully up and running before the market opens ?

Then keep it running all day for when I return after lunch, I trade with 140 and 250 tick charts.

All I trade is YM , guess I was spoiled before with having a couple of inter days worth of data always available any time I switched on.

Thanks,
    Andy

p.s. when orders are entered on the DOM I get the pop up box confirming if that's what I want, how do I switch it off so once I click the order is sent, no confimation by me is needed.
    Thanks.

Originally posted by andy4 View Post
    Hi,

At this time I have TT feed for Ninja, am I correct in thinking I need to open the software first thing in the morning (5am to 6am) when I get up to load enough data to get my indicators fully up and running before the market opens ?

Then keep it running all day for when I return after lunch, I trade with 140 and 250 tick charts.

All I trade is YM , guess I was spoiled before with having a couple of inter days worth of data always available any time I switched on.

Thanks,
    Andy

p.s. when orders are entered on the DOM I get the pop up box confirming if that's what I want, how do I switch it off so once I click the order is sent, no confimation by me is needed.
    Thanks.

Hello Andy,

Thank you for your post.

Please send the license key you are presently using within NinjaTrader to support at sign ninjatrader dot com Attn: Chris in the subject so I may attempt to test on my end. You license key can be found by going to the Control Center-->Help-->License key

You can disable the feature that prompts you for confirmation when submitting an order by following the instructions below.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    • Select the "General" tab
    • Uncheck the option "Confirm order placement"
    • Press the "OK" button
    I look forward to assisting you with this issue.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chris, the DOM thing worked great :-)

Sent a email through Ninja to you, really just wondering how others who trade with tick charts and interday for that matter keep their charts looking full like regular charts.

All I can think of is logging on an hour or two before I trade each day and leaving Ninja up and running all day till I'm done ?

Comment

Originally posted by andy4 View Post
        Hi,

Thanks,
        Andy

Thanks.

Hello Andy,

I have just replied to your an email with information regarding your license key. In order to have fully populated tick charts you would need to be connected to a data provider that offers historical tick data.

I have provided a link below to the data providers supported by NinjaTrader. This page will go over the types of data they offer as well as the instruments they support.

Keep in mind Trading Technologies only offers the Historical Data while using a Live NinjaTrader license.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by chartchart, 05-19-2021, 04:14 PM
        3 responses
        1 like
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by bsbisme, Yesterday, 02:08 PM
        1 response
        0 likes