Ninja trader crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja trader crashing

I emailed to support@ninja... with a log attached.

When I add an indicator to a chart with IB connected [or connect when an indicator is on the chart] ninja crashes. I'm getting the same bahaviour on a Vista machine and an XP machine... the XP had a format and reinstall of the XP even and a clean install of Ninja and it has exactly the same behavior. I have different versions of TWS and different version of Ninja on the machines, it's not version specific... I was working on a script and I tried to change things in the area that is not supposed to be changed just before all this started up... that has given me troubles before but this has me really baffled... how can something survive a hdd format and reinstall?

I repaired the .net 3.5 and it seems to be working now....

Comment

Wow, more crashing

I wrote some indicators and everything worked fine for a couple of minutes and then it all crashed again... tomorrow I'm going to rebuild a machine and make sure that no corrupting files can touch it... I have a Vista machine with almost nothing on it but TWS and Vista... I'll rebuild that one from the ground up with software untouched by human hands and if the problem is still there... I hope you guys can help me...

Comment

Hello maxpi,

Please see my response to the emails you sent to [email protected] as well.

I will need the trace file to investigate why the software crashed. Unfortunately the log files you sent are not sufficient enough.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did a reinstall of the OS and Ninja on a Vista machine... Incredibly it still crashed when I wrote an indicator and put it on a chart. It was a simple indicator for bar width, just a plot of high[0] -Low[0] so I didn't want any input variable so I was erasing MyInput0 in the wizard... apparently Ninja expects... nay, demands, that there be an input there... currently it's working fine.... I'm sure there is a notation in the documentation somewhere that says not to erase that input...

Thanks again

Comment

I'm still having some problems on the XP machine. I emailed the trace file over... I hope it does not take a complete wipe of the hdd...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post terofs
            by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
            1 response
            0 likes