Strange end of Wizard based Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange end of Wizard based Strategy

A Wizard based strategy with a Stoploss & Profittarget order. The stoploss and profittarget are OCO to the initial trade. I have a conditionset to exit the order under certain conditions. However this exit is taking a new trade in stead of exiting the old trade, requiring more margin than available on the account.

When I look at the code it is:
    if ( ConditionSet2)
    EnterShort(DefaultQuantity, "SH");

if ( ConditionSet4)
    ExitShort("SHexit", "SH");

What could cause this to go wrong?

clint2008, I'm not sure I follow, the ExitShort would only bring your current short position flat and not open a new one, however if you want to reverse from being long to short with 1 contract, it would need 2 contracts to accomplish that (one for the exit, one for the new position). So this could be what you see, in either case, please ensure you're synched up properly - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tPosition.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply, I was hoping it would flatted my position, but its not. First I thought it was because of not stating an entrylabel, but that does not matter. Now I have the entrylabel and still on the wrong side of the market at the end. have I got any other options to investigate what is going on there? I've looked at the orders, executions and tracefile, but did not find a reason why it doesn't exit the initial trade. Could the missing DefaultQuantity on the exitshort have an effect?

Comment

No, if you your ExitShort would exit the complete position as referenced by your Entryname. I'd suggest working with trace orders to check the behavior of your orders - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3627

Which 'On starting a realtime strategy' option are you using under Tools > Options > Strategies > NinjaScript? - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tegiesTab.html
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wait until flat caused the problem probably, now it is checked it didn't give me a new position. Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ZenCortexAuCost