What happened here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened here?

My ninja trader was working las night, I started encountering some error messages related to connecting to my broker account. I closed ninja trader. This morning i opened ninja trader, now all my indicators are missing, and when I try to add one, it says my indicators have some programming issues. I had no prblems for the past two weeks.. Simple question... what happened, and how can i solve this?

Originally posted by cmach123 View Post
    My ninja trader was working las night, I started encountering some error messages related to connecting to my broker account. I closed ninja trader. This morning i opened ninja trader, now all my indicators are missing, and when I try to add one, it says my indicators have some programming issues. I had no prblems for the past two weeks.. Simple question... what happened, and how can i solve this?

Hello cmach,

Thank you for your post.

Please repair your installation of NinjaTrader with the steps I have provided below.
    • Shut down NinjaTrader
    • Start Menu
    • Control Panel
    • Add/Remove Programs for XP, Programs and Features for Vista
    • Select NinjaTrader 6.5
    • Click Repair
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    After you have repaired your installation please remove, repair and recreate you connection with the steps I have provided below.
    • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
    • Then go to the Tools menu--> select Options--> select the Misc tab--> click Repair DB
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.
    I have provided a link to our Connection Guide below to help with recreating your connection within NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks fot the reply, i followed your steps to no avail. I even reinstalled ninja trader, and I'm receiving an error message right when I select import ninjascript (utilities)

Comment

thanks fot the reply, i followed your steps to no avail. I even reinstalled ninja trader, and I'm receiving an error message right when I select import ninjascript (utilities)
        Hello cmach123,

Thank you for your reply.

Are there any indicators listed in the Edit Indicator box? You can access this by going to the Control Center-->Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicators

Are you attempting to load 3rd Party indicators when you run into this issue?

I look forward to assisting you with this issue.

Comment

no indicators listed in the box, when i click edit indicators. I assume any indicator which was provided by Ninjatrader has an icon which looks like a suitcase...

Comment

no indicators listed in the box, when i click edit indicators. I assume any indicator which was provided by Ninjatrader has an icon which looks like a suitcase...
            Hello cmach123,

Do you presently have NinjaTrader installed on a network? If so please use the following link below to assist with installing NinjaTrader on a network drive.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

It is not installed on a net work. But when I unistall ninja trader, and reinstall it..my broker is still listed, so are all the indicators. It does not reset the whole program...

Comment

It is not installed on a net work. But when I unistall ninja trader, and reinstall it..my broker is still listed, so are all the indicators. It does not reset the whole program...
                Hello cmach123,

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
                1. Close all running applications.
                2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
                4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 6.5" located under Start --> My Documents.
                5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
                6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                7. Reboot your machine.
                8. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
                  http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...rent_users.htm
                I have also provided a link to our Connection Guide that will help when recreating your connection within NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DJ888
                by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                0 responses