Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue With IB

Hi,

I had posted in the wrong thread. I open a new thread. Details to follow.

Issue with IB - Stop Orders

Hi,

I've programmed a Strategy that works fine in Backtest mode when using it with the SIM account. However when I use it in real trading with IB, once the entry is executed, the associated stop order is pending and then canceled a few minutes later. Any tip on how to solve the issue?

Thanks and regards.

Comment

NT Logs

Hi,

Here what I've found in the log. The Stop Order was canceled with Error code 202

02/06/2009 16:15:02;Order;Order='626726526/U386013' Name='Sell' New State=Cancelled Instrument='CAC40 06-09' Action=Sell Limit price=0 Stop price=3370,5 Quantity=3 Type=Stop Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error='Order Canceled - reason: (202)';

02/06/2009 16:15:02;Order;Order='626726526/U386013' Name='Sell' New State=PendingCancel Instrument='CAC40 06-09' Action=Sell Limit price=0 Stop price=3370,5 Quantity=3 Type=Stop Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error='';

02/06/2009 16:10:00;Order;Order='626726526/U386013' Name='Sell' New State=Accepted Instrument='CAC40 06-09' Action=Sell Limit price=0 Stop price=3370,5 Quantity=3 Type=Stop Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error='';

Comment

Hi Josh,

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. I 'll activate the Traces.

BTW, in the NT strategy I am no canceling stop orders but eventually change the StopValue in the ExitLongStop(StopValue) Order . This works in SIM mode or backtest. Any issue about using that mode with IB?

Thank you in advance.

JM

Comment

Jean-Marc-Molina, thanks for opening a new thread, the trace orders are the way to go. It could be you modify your stop order to an invalid price that is rejected from your broker...
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
            Jean-Marc-Molina, thanks for opening a new thread, the trace orders are the way to go. It could be you modify your stop order to an invalid price that is rejected from your broker...
            Thank you.

I am not sure. the first order with the same stop price (3370,5) had not been rejected 5 minutes before.

I will see with the traces tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by synthhokie, Today, 12:00 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post synthhokie  
            Started by moneyexe, Today, 11:22 AM
            1 response
            0 likes