Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second "auto" order not working.

Hi,
    just up front - thank you already for your help. Slowly learning Ninja and this forum has helped so much already - thank you.

Ok onto my next problem :-) Now I am using the sim' right now, that explained an earlier problem I had, so it might explain this one ?

Today when using the DOM and using the set exit and stop feature, I bought 3 contracts (YM, if it matters) right away it auto sent 3 sell orders 4,6,8 ticks above from my entry - Great so far :-)

Then I entered another buy of 3 contracts, filled, but this time the auto put all sells at the previous 4 tick sell place. Hope this makes sense. So my DOM showed a total of 4 contracts for sale at 4 ticks, 1 at 6 ticks and the last at 8 ticks :-(

I repeated this a couple of times and it seems once an auto sell is in place instead of entering a new spread of 3 sells, 4,6,8 ticks they always bunch at the first orders 4 ticks ?? :-(

Can anybody explain, will this happen when I'm live ?
    Thanks,
    Andy

Originally posted by andy4 View Post
    Hi,
    just up front - thank you already for your help. Slowly learning Ninja and this forum has helped so much already - thank you.

Ok onto my next problem :-) Now I am using the sim' right now, that explained an earlier problem I had, so it might explain this one ?

Today when using the DOM and using the set exit and stop feature, I bought 3 contracts (YM, if it matters) right away it auto sent 3 sell orders 4,6,8 ticks above from my entry - Great so far :-)

Then I entered another buy of 3 contracts, filled, but this time the auto put all sells at the previous 4 tick sell place. Hope this makes sense. So my DOM showed a total of 4 contracts for sale at 4 ticks, 1 at 6 ticks and the last at 8 ticks :-(

I repeated this a couple of times and it seems once an auto sell is in place instead of entering a new spread of 3 sells, 4,6,8 ticks they always bunch at the first orders 4 ticks ?? :-(

Can anybody explain, will this happen when I'm live ?
    Thanks,
    Andy
    Hello Andy,

Thank you for your post.

If you would like the additional contract to have their own stop and targets as apposed to be combined with an alread active strategy you will need to use the KeepSelectedAtmStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission Strategy selection mode.

To do this you will want to use the following steps I have provided below to change your ATM Strategy selection mode.
    • Right click in in the SuperDOM or Chart Trader
    • Properties
    • ATM Strategy selection mode
    • Choose KeepSelectedAtmStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission from the dropdown window
    • Click Ok
    I have included a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the different ATM Strategy Selection Modes.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

WOW :-) Man thanks Chris, your quicker than a phone call :-) Thanks,
      Andy

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator