Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM limit / stop

Hello,

I have a ATM question: my stop loss is e.g. 40 ticks. the ATM strategy makes a stoplimit order with a tick difference of 20 ticks. BUT: i want that the limit price AND stop price according my stoploss order is exactly the same price. QUESTION: where can i put in the parameters?

thanks for a quick response.

Hello grasgruen,

Unfortunately this is not supported. Stop loss orders submitted as stop limit orders will use an offset of 20 ticks, which cannot be changed.

You can submit your stop loss as stop market order. Please right click in the SuperDOM and select Properties. Set 'Use stop market for stop loss order' to True.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      I found the same with ES. My ATM placed a BUY STOP LMT at 936 while in the Control panel it listed 941 under Limit and 936 under Stop.

But in ATM->Properties, the "Stop limit offset" is set to Off. Why is this 20-tick offset still in place?

Also from ATM->Properties, trading ES on Globex would ignore the setting on "Use stop market for stop loss orders". So in this case, it's always Stop-limit on Globex for ES.

Please clarify this.

thanks in advance for the help!

Comment

Hello xgesxg,

The 'Stop Limit Offset' option in the properties menu applies on manual submitted stop limit orders only, not stop losses submitted as stop limit order.

Unfortunately Globex does not support stop market orders, so a stop limit order is used for stop losses part of an ATM strategy.

Comment

Hi,

I placed ATM orders this morning at 7:24am PDT for ES 06-09 and then I exited the NT platform around 9am. At the exit time, I had a long position filled with 1 limit sell and 1 stop-loss order from ATM submitted. When I came back at 6pm, none of the ATM orders got filled but the long position was exited by 6pm.

So the question is if I leave ATM orders in after I exit the NT platform, are those ATM orders stored at CME, my broker's server, NT server, or nowhere? They didn't get executed at all today except at 6pm by the end of RTH the position got liquidated.

Please help clarify.

thanks,

Comment

The location of your orders depend on the broker technology you use and the order status. Please see the link below for more information.
            Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

You can check the order status in the State column of the Orders-tab.

Could it be the market never hit the prices of the orders?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              The location of your orders depend on the broker technology you use and the order status. Please see the link below for more information.
              Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

You can check the order status in the State column of the Orders-tab.

Could it be the market never hit the prices of the orders?
              Hi Jason,

Thanks for the link. I use Zenfire datafeed through Mirus Futures in a demo account. Yesterday's ES definitely should have triggered the Sell LMT on the ATM order-pair after I shut down NT. So maybe this has to do with this is a demo account? From your link, it appears that both Sell LMT and Sell Stop should be at CME exchange though the OCO part of it is lost due to my shut down of the NT.

thanks,

Comment

Are you referring to the sim101 account? If so, this can be as expected, since the sim101 account is a native NinjaTrader account. Orders will not be routed to a broker or exchange.

Comment

Are you referring to the sim101 account? If so, this can be as expected, since the sim101 account is a native NinjaTrader account. Orders will not be routed to a broker or exchange.
                  yes, that's a sim101 account. i understand your point. So if i were to trade a live account, then the ATM orders would trigger without the OCO if NT were shut down?

thanks!

Comment

If you shut down NinjaTrader and your stop loss and profit target reside at the broker or exchange, they will execute when the market trades their price.

If you only have a working entry order that did not trigger the ATM strategy (since it did not fill) and you close NinjaTrader, the ATM strategy will not be triggered.

Comment

To get back to this subject.

1. Live position on entered with NT ATM strategy with both stop and target orders submitted.
                      2. Internet disconnected from PC where NT is run.
                      3. Target order hit and executed.
                      4. Stop not cancelled?!

If I have understood this right is there a way to do something about it?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello naxo79,

This is because your broker technology most likely does not support OCO functionality on their end. You can verify at the link below.

Comment

Hello naxo79,

This is because your broker technology most likely does not support OCO functionality on their end. You can verify at the link below.
                          http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...t=order+reside
                          Tnx yeah ok.
                          Is the OCO simulation happening exactly in the NT where the orders where placed or can another PC with NT be connected and take over the OCO?

Or has the first simulated OCO in that case to be cancelled and a new entered?

Comment

Unfortunately that is not supported.

Yes, would need to cancel the OCO order submitted from PC #1 and re-submit an OCO order from PC #2.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post DynamicTest  
                            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes