Missing Indicator Log Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Indicator Log Error

How do I remedy the following log error? I pitched the designated custom indicator.

Failed to restore indicator 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.StrengthAlert_DE_New'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this indicator no longer is there.

Originally posted by snaphook View Post
    How do I remedy the following log error? I pitched the designated custom indicator.

Failed to restore indicator 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.StrengthAlert_DE_New'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this indicator no longer is there.
    Hello Snaphook,

Thank you for your post.

Try going to File --> Utilities --> Remove NinjaScript Assembly to see if it is located there.

If not there are likely some references to that indicator causing this issue.

Go to Tools --> Edit NinjaScript --> Indicator --> Open any indicator and press F5 --> Double click on the error to bring up the NS file --> right click and select references and delete any reference to this indicator.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Try going to File --> Utilities --> Remove NinjaScript Assembly to see if it is located there. Nothing listed.

Go to Tools --> Edit NinjaScript --> Indicator --> Open any indicator and press F5 I've done that a hundred times and no errors to report other than self inflicted. The error just keeps coming up. Ran a search in Windows explorer for any file in the 6.5 folder containing 'strength' and I get a .csv file a zip file which contains a recognized indicator.

Could it be stuck in the database or an .xml file somewhere?

Comment

Yes, however there is no way to find that.

Unfortunately I recommend a complete uninstall/reinstall to clear this up.

-Uninstall NinjaTrader6.5 using the Windows Control Panel.
        -Delete your \Documents\NinjaTrader6.5 folder.
        -Clear browser history and cache.
        -ReDownload Ninjatrader: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

In the future, please use either File --> Utilities --> Remove NinjaScript assembly first or Tools --> edit NinjaScript --> Indicator --> Delete so this issue does not happen again.
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Will try this before uninstall.

Save As a different indicator (any indicator) to the offending file name and compile it. Now try Tools | Edit | Indicator - Delete.

Will let you know when I restart if the error is still there.

Comment

Well, that didn't work so will no doubt need to reinstall. Drat.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post r68cervera  
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post geddyisodin